Did you mean: 

DPD stole my upgrade iphone

MarkoYUG1988
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Dear friends,

Please, would you be so kind to give me the advice what to do. 

A couple of days ago I ordered an upgrade to my contract with a new iphone 15 pro. Yesterday, November 21, 2023, the courier delivered it to me in a sealed envelope. When I picked it up I realized something was wrong as it was very light. I brought it into my office and started filming a video of me opening it. Inside there was only an empty box and a charging cable. 

I began to examine the envelope and saw that it was melted in one place, and it was obvious that it would have been opened before. I'm sure the couriers simply stole the phone. Now I have a 3 year contract and £1400 in debt and no phone. This is the first time I've encountered this and I'm extremely upset. Yesterday I went straight to O2 and sat there for an hour and a half. 

An O2 employee called somewhere to find out something. I showed him the unboxing video. THEN he told me that I needed to send evidence to DPD, however when I contacted them they said that O2 should do it all. I called O2 again, they promised to sort it out, but so far they are silent... Should I go to the police? Court? I will be glad to any advice.

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 146687 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28243 Solutions

@MarkoYUG1988 

This is O2's responsibility as they have the contract with the courier, not you.

Contact them via social media so you can share the video you have.

We’re just customers like you but it sounds like you’ll need someone to access your account which can’t be done from here. If you message O2 on Facebook (https://o2uk.co/O2CFB) , Twitter (https://o2uk.co/O2CTW) or Instagram (https://o2uk.co/O2CIG) , they should be able to help you with this
Thanks

Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 10

jonsie
  • 93262 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

I would definitely report it to the police so you at least have a crime number

Quote this in any correspondence with O2

Message 3 of 10

MarkoYUG1988
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you so much for the advice! I was trying to attach video in the complaint, but it is rather large! Now i will follow your advice!  

I have already read a lot on the Internet, unfortunately, I am far from the first such victim...

Message 4 of 10

jonsie
  • 93262 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

Lots of fundamentally dishonest people in this world

Especially in the delivery/dispatch industry

We normally see an upturn in numbers in the lead  up to Christmas

Message 5 of 10

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 37203 Posts
  • 238 Topics
  • 1697 Solutions
Message 6 of 10

LauraJK
  • 5 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

did they ever help resolve this? It happened to me too, 23/11, I’ve spent the last three weeks calling, emailing and messaging on Twitter. They appear helpful at first and then stop responding. I don’t know what to do…

Message 7 of 10

Enlli
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 7072 Posts
  • 51 Topics
  • 1584 Solutions

See response in other post

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 8 of 10

JanDan
  • 6 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@MarkoYUG1988 

Did you get this resolved? Same thing happened to me today, but I have no video from opening the package. I simply only have empty packaging as I would never think to take a video of me opening my package. I am devastated and really angry with DPD. Someone is getting away with this as there are plenty of others this has happened to!

Message 9 of 10

MarkoYUG1988
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi JanDan, my regrets regarding this. Actually, it took me 2,5 months to get it sorted. DPD and O2 support work is disgusting. I had to call O2 every three days and each time they constantly switched me to new operators, they looked surprised and promised to sort it out. And so for almost 3 months. As a result, I consulted a lawyer, fortunately there was a video recording, and began to prepare a lawsuit. I warned them about this. In the end, very reluctantly, they sent a new phone. I highly recommend that in the future it is better to buy phones on credit directly from Apple stores. Wish you good luck!!

Message 10 of 10