Did you mean: 

Customer service - not impressed

C13tay
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello

My wife recently received a couple of default notices from o2 showing 2 different account numbers.  One I recognised as my daughters phone, the other we did not recognise.  My wife is currently not well at all suffering with severe depression, so I have been calling o2 to try to sort this out.  As you would expect they will not speak to me but I have explained the situation re my wife and that she is finding it very difficult to speak to anyone at the moment.  I managed to get my wife to call o2 and go through all the security.  She spoke to a very nice lady who assured my wife that one of the notices could be discarded as it was clear it was an old account.   My wife authorised the lady to speak to me and promised she would call me..  well 3 weeks later and still no call !!!  I have spend all evening on the phone to various people at O2 trying to sort this and on 3 occasions have been cut off !!!  I do not pass security so they won’t speak to me.  They now tell me that my wife has to go to an O2 shop with her passport.  Well with her health that won’t be happening !!!  When I said that to the advisor they put the phone down.   One of the advisors suggested that I just pay the money there and then over the phone cos they could do that. But couldn’t tell me what it was for.  !!!! So I guess I just wait for the debt collector !!! 

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

C13tay
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

to be honest not really sure how long 

yes, Emma was helpful but ultimately the number she gave me came up with the same result.   I can’t make the payment 

I understand data protection etc but it’s not like I’m trying to buy something or ask for personal info …. Just want to pay a bill and stop this whole thing having a negative affect on my wife’s health 

Message 11 of 16

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10114 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2995 Solutions

Can you not login to Myo2 and pay it?

As then you shouldn't need to speak to anyone.. 

Otherwise you are stuck in the purgatory that is Data Protection, i am sorry to say....

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 12 of 16

C13tay
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

That may be an option but not sure if it will let you pay off a default notice on there ….. however can’t even try that as it seems o2 have cancelled the airtime part and won’t let us log in.   The default notice if for a device plan fyi 

Message 13 of 16

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10114 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2995 Solutions

That means it has gone to a Debt Collection Agency, and the debt has probably been sold to them..

I would just wait for that letter and then call them up, as that way you can pay it off.

Sorry I cant be much more help.

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 14 of 16

C13tay
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

No.  It hasn’t yet.  The letter says I have until the 4th to pay.  Just wish they would let me pay !!!!! 

Message 15 of 16

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23034 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3668 Solutions

@C13tay I'm not sure if this is any help, but take a look at this guide to see if there are any options here:

How can I pay my bill? (o2.co.uk)

Does your wife have a credit card in her name? 

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 16 of 16