Did you mean: 

Customer service - not impressed

C13tay
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello

My wife recently received a couple of default notices from o2 showing 2 different account numbers.  One I recognised as my daughters phone, the other we did not recognise.  My wife is currently not well at all suffering with severe depression, so I have been calling o2 to try to sort this out.  As you would expect they will not speak to me but I have explained the situation re my wife and that she is finding it very difficult to speak to anyone at the moment.  I managed to get my wife to call o2 and go through all the security.  She spoke to a very nice lady who assured my wife that one of the notices could be discarded as it was clear it was an old account.   My wife authorised the lady to speak to me and promised she would call me..  well 3 weeks later and still no call !!!  I have spend all evening on the phone to various people at O2 trying to sort this and on 3 occasions have been cut off !!!  I do not pass security so they won’t speak to me.  They now tell me that my wife has to go to an O2 shop with her passport.  Well with her health that won’t be happening !!!  When I said that to the advisor they put the phone down.   One of the advisors suggested that I just pay the money there and then over the phone cos they could do that. But couldn’t tell me what it was for.  !!!! So I guess I just wait for the debt collector !!! 

Message 1 of 16
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

O2Emma
Former Staff
  • 1198 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 34 Solutions

Hi @C13tay I will send you a private message to look into this further for you.

signature

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10140 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 2999 Solutions

@C13tay 

If it has gone to default stage then CS can do nowt about it, you need to speak to the Payment Management team on 0800 902 0217 they open at 8am tomorrow

If it has been sold to the DCA already everything will need to be done through them I am afraid.

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 2 of 16

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23044 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3670 Solutions

I will tag one of the O2 online account advisors who has helped many customers sort their issues out. She will be on tomorrow at 8 am. @O2Lisa can you please assist @C13tay?

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 16

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144142 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27609 Solutions

Maybe @O2Emma or @O2Lisa can help you ?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 16

O2Emma
Former Staff
  • 1198 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 34 Solutions

Hi @MI5 I will look into this thanks .

signature
Message 5 of 16

O2Emma
Former Staff
  • 1198 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 34 Solutions

Hi @C13tay I will send you a private message to look into this further for you.

signature
Message 6 of 16

C13tay
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for all the replies  much appreciated 

Message 7 of 16

O2Lisa
  • 996 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 32 Solutions

Morning @Bambino, thanks for the tag. 

Checking the replies it looks like Emma has picked this up😊

My working hours are Monday - Thursday 08:00 - 18:00
Any messages sent outside these time will be responded to on my return.
Thanks slight_smile

signature
Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 16

C13tay
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Well thanks for all your help …. But still unable to make a payment  ….. basically was told I either have to have written proof my wife is Ill or drag her down to an o2 shop.   Can’t believe that O2 have sent a default notice to my home address demanding money, and I’ve spent hours on the phone with my debit card in my hand begging to let me pay it !!!  

Message 9 of 16

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10140 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 2999 Solutions

@C13tay 

How long was the debt outstanding?

And unfortunately this is probably due to the amount of people who cry wolf, and as such mean o2 have to put in place policies to protect themselves which causes harm to other people. 

Did you see the PM from one of the o2 advisors on here, look at top right handside of the o2 community page.

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 10 of 16