cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer Service?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Firsty, i left my previous network to join O2. I decided to get 4 lines out for my family including myself. Everything was going well until i noticed O2 had merged 2 numbers together. I didnt ask for this. I was then told i would have to pay £400 to get them split so i thought i would leave it. I then noticed one of the other numbers was placed onto a seperate account which O2 adviced me this is "how things are done" now i have had all numbers being cut off because of 1 miss payment.

Secondly, ive heard O2 have something called "Customer Service" unfortuantly they dont know what it is and give the most dreadful service i have ever had! The online chat is dreadful too. Was promised a line discount but then to be told i am unable to have one.

I am now leaving O2 after months and months of hassle and shoddy customer service. I pay £200+ a month for my contracts in total and i feel my custom would be better elsewhere than this terrible company!

Thanks all for your time to read this!

Feel free to post bad expirences below.

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

I've never heard of numbers being 'merged' before. Presumably all the numbers are on one account resulting in the phones all being cut off due to the missed payment. Do you not have a direct debit on the account as one would have been set up initially by O2.

Message 2 of 10

Cleoriff
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Must admit the numbers being merged confused me a little. I understand you can have a few numbers with one account holder but surely each of those numbers would require their own payment plan.

If a direct debit wasn't set up then I could see this would result in a very confusing time when payments were due...

Too much to remember every month in my opinion.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Indeed the accounts should be separate really, merged numbers? What's that all about?
Message 4 of 10

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Nothing I've come across before - was this directly with O2 or a 3rd party reseller?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm thinking 3rd party reseller @MI5
Message 6 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

This was done via O2 themselves. Very fustrating!

Message 7 of 10

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Most strange....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 8 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Wonder why they did this
Message 9 of 10

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous ,

Are you still having trouble with this? Please send me a PM if you are and I'll what I can for you slight_smile

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 10 of 10