Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer Service

AlignedChaos
Level 9: Fired up
  • 77 Posts
  • 13 Topics
  • 14 Solutions

What is going on with O2 customer service lately.  They used to be excellent, but suddenly it's all gone horribly pear-shaped.

Notes added to my account during a call / online chat mysteriously vanish by the next time I call.  Upgrade offers that have been agreed upon are retracted and now there is no customer loyalty / retention policy or offers.

Don't get me wrong, the social media team seem very good and I am sure they take the brunt of fed up customers but they don't seem to be given the tools to help them keep our custom.

By far the worst are the overseas call / chat centres who just don't seem to understand if you ask anything unusual.  I asked several technical questions about TuGo, and each time recieved the Marketing info, no technical help.  I asked for information on 30 contracts and the chat adviser refused to talk about anything other than the 12 month contracts.

All I want is SIM only, less monthly cost than now, same bundle otherwise. I don't need the phone.  Mentioned today that both EE and carphone warehouse were offering better deals asked O2 to match, I was advised to pursue those deals.

Basically advised to leave O2 after nearly a decade!  What kind of customer services is that?

Will they be re-branding as Call Connections again to match the decline in service?

Rant over.

Sorry.

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

AlignedChaos
  • 77 Posts
  • 13 Topics
  • 14 Solutions

Thanks all.

I'd just like to re-iterate that, with the exception of the out-sourced support (which is usually obvious), this isn't a people / staff issue for O2.  As I mentioned, the Social Media team do the best they can in the face of taking the brunt of direct complaints with the limited access they can offer.

Even the network is massively improved these days.

The problem, more fundamentally, is O2's policies and procedures for customer loyalty and consistency in adviser training - which obviously varies greatly.

Message 11 of 14

AlignedChaos
  • 77 Posts
  • 13 Topics
  • 14 Solutions

Sad to say, after 9 years with O2 I am leaving for another network.  My phone is unlocked, I have the PAC code and it's time to say farewell.

Over the 9 years O2 had always been very flexible and provided good customer loyalty and retention offers which represented good prices and made you feel valued as a customer.  More recently however this has stopped; I don't feel the standard contracts are really good value and the removal of customer loyalty rewards leaves me feeling somewhat unvalued.

The bigger problem for me however is coverage.  A number of places I travel to still only get O2 2G coverage and some even have no coverage.  I'm not overly worried about having full-strength 4G (i.e. all bars), but I have frequently found on O2 that I will suddenly lose coverage completely on 4G without reason and then there's a delay as the 3G signal kicks in.  Most annoying however is where my parents live - O2 only provide 2G there and frequently there is no signal for a week at a time.  Everytime it gets reported O2 state they are aware of it and an engineer is working on it - this has been going on for 3 years.

But I am still sad to go and hopefully O2 will get their network / prices / customer service sorted out and maybe i'll be back in a year.

Message 12 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
A rather sad but not uncommon story these days. O2 snatching defeat from the jaws of victory but they don't care anymore.
Message 13 of 14

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi @AlignedChaos , sorry to hear that you're leaving.

Where is the area that you're parents are based (or where you travel regularly) roughly? I can see if there is any info on network improvements there.

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 14 of 14