cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Currently SIMO, if I upgrade online to a new SIMO deal will I need a new sim?

Shafreya
Level 1: Joiner
  • 11 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi there I am currently on a SIMO deal for 20GB data for £21.84, currently on my upgrades there is 20GB SIMO but for £20. Can I upgrade to this without any costs or disruption to service?

Thanks in advance.
Message 1 of 13
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
If you are eligible to upgrade, yes, otherwise you'll have to pay to terminate the current deal.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
If you are eligible to upgrade, yes, otherwise you'll have to pay to terminate the current deal.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Shafreya I’m assuming you are out of the cooling off period & that you really want this deal then you will have to pay off what you owe on the rest of your contract before you can upgrade to this new deal

Message 3 of 13

jonsie
  • 92910 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Really? For £1.b4 saving? Offers change all the time so wait until a better deal comes along. You can't upgrade to the same 20GB tariff. To end your current simo you will need to pay off the remaining months.

Message 4 of 13

Shafreya
  • 11 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thanks for the answers, it just popped up saying I’m available for an upgrade when I logged into myo2 app tonight, and this was on the offer page.

If it saved me £1.84 a month it’s free money but didn’t know about paying off whole contract (afaik I changed to SIMO late 2017/early 2018, don’t know how to check)
Message 5 of 13

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
If it says you can upgrade in your myo2 then go for it, it shouldn't cost you to do so.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 13

Shafreya
  • 11 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Would I need a new sim or anything? Currently out the country for the next week on holiday so wouldn’t be able to change over etc. Never really know how it works through my O2. Can’t have any disruption to service at the moment while I’m out here
Message 7 of 13

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
No new SIM and no disruption at all.

Currently using:
Message 8 of 13

Shafreya
  • 11 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Time to save some money then

Thanks everyone
Message 9 of 13

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
In fact the last one I did was while in France and if not for an email to say my tariff had changed, I wouldn't have known.

Currently using:
Message 10 of 13