Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Highlighted
Anonymous
Accepted Solution

Current gripes with O2

Hi,

I have recently received an email from O2 Customer Services regarding the termination of my contract, my signal issues and other gripes. I have no option to reply on here as there is a 1,500 character limit on the frustrating contact service via the website. This was the reference number in the reply I was sent: KMM733553721I15977L0KM. There is no email whereby I can reply to O2 and get anyone to read and respond to my email, hence I have resorted to posting on the forum. I have included the contents of the email I wrote tonight, only to find out that nobody will read it as I haven't sent it to a live email address.

Dean.

----------

Hi,

I will consider paying the £370 termination fee if I can get the funds together, as I am disgruntled with both the service I have received as well as the network coverage issues. I have been an O2 customer since 2007, and I had two contracts with you at one point so I have effectively been a customer for seven years when the time scale of the contracts are presented in a linear order. Despite this, I have never received any sort of loyalty bonus and I have never been able to upgrade my phone more than a month early. I have had problems with O2 before regarding the phone with my first contract, yet decided to stay as the signal in my area had always been strong (hence the signing of the secondary contract whilst I was already locked in a contract).

I have had poor signal since February of this year, around the time when the snow was at its heaviest. For about two months, I wasn't getting any 3G signal, despite paying for 500GB of data allowance every month. I was still charged for the service I wasn't receiving properly. Even now, my 3G signal drops to Edge on a regular basis. I have had mast engineers called out and you say the problem has been fixed, but my signal is still poorer than it has been before February. It isn't my phone as I receive decent signal in other locations. I have complained before, yet I have never received any offer to reduce my bill for the time in question. O2 would always offer a bill reduction to keep the customer happy, this no longer seems to be the case.

The customer service of O2 has declined since I first signed a contract with the company. As mentioned previously I have never been offered any sort of loyalty bonus, despite the years of custom and the amount of money I have given to O2. I have never been above a silver rating on the now defunct O2 Rewards scheme, despite always taking out long and expensive phone contracts. Therefore I would like to propose a mid-term upgrade. I understand you have recently withdrawn the service, but it will be the only way to guarantee my custom beyond the end of my contract as I would have to sign up to a new 24 month contract. If this doesn't happen then I will be forced to leave O2 at the end of my contract, if not before then, depending on whether I choose to pay the termination fee. The nationwide signal outage has only highlighted my current gripes with O2, and I will be doing all I can to leave unless the appropriate solution is offered, i.e. the mid-term upgrade I mentioned earlier in the paragraph as a gesture of good will.

I hope to hear from you soon.

Regards,
Dean.

Highlighted
Topics: 247
Solutions: 1,614

Re: Current gripes with O2

[ Edited ]

Nicely written but to me there isn't enough detail on the justification for wanting to cancel.

You should be able to contact them with an email of any length here:

http://service.o2.co.uk/IQ/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE?New,Kb=Companion,question=ref%28User%29:str%28Mob...

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Highlighted
Anonymous

Thanks! I'll send them an email using that address. I quickly wrote the email on my phone, so I've probably missed bits out. It's more about getting my signal issues fixed, but as this hasn't happened I want to receive some sort of compensation, be it monetary or otherwise. I know that the Terms and Conditions say that the service won't be 'faultless', but two months of no 3G and intermittent drops in signal after that is a consistently poor service.

It's good to know there are people on the forums who are genuinely helpful, I appreciate it a lot.

=]
Highlighted
Topics: 574
Solutions: 3,892

Just be aware Dean that they can take 5 working days to respond but you should get the usual acknowledgement straight away , probably with a different reference number.

Highlighted

Let us know how you get on, I think the strongest point is that you regularly used to have a good signal, that has now deteriorated, with dates if possible.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Highlighted
Anonymous

Thanks perksie and jonsie, it's good to know that others are willing to assist me with getting my signal fixed. I have rewritten the email and included dates where possible. I'm getting slightly frustrated with O2 as I am paying a fair amount of money to receive coverage that is below par. I'll let you both know the outcome.

:robothappy:

Highlighted

Two things Dean:

1. your music ain't bad

2. you support the right football teamSmiley Wink

Hope you get it sorted.

Highlighted

You're easily pleased jonsie we haven't invoiced him yet! Smiley Tongue

Highlighted
Anonymous

Thanks! Obviously putting the link in my signature works Smiley Wink hopefully we win some silverware this season! Kagawa is a decent signing, really excited to see him in action.
Highlighted