Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit score

JMC1231
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I recently discovered upon applying for a mortgage that my credit score has been affected by o2. This was due to 3 late payments of £1.32 for a HUAWEI WiFi box which I thought I had completely paid of. Upon discovering this I made the remaining payments, although my credit is still affected. 
I spoke with o2 and they advised they passed onto the credit team that this was affecting my chances of getting a mortgage and advised this would be resolved within around 10 working days, however, to no avail as of yet. Is there anything I can do to speak up this process? As this is holding up my mortgage application. Many thanks. 

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Silver-Lake
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 15 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Hi. I'm sorry to hear about this. Unfortunately, even if 02 update your credit file, it will take between 2 and 6 weeks for Experian to update those payments, and your credit score. There isn't any way to speed up the process. My advice would be to take out a 30 day free trial with Experian, so you can tell when your credit score has been updated. Just remember to cancel it 5 working days before it ends, if you don't want to pay their monthly fee.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

Silver-Lake
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 15 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Hi. I'm sorry to hear about this. Unfortunately, even if 02 update your credit file, it will take between 2 and 6 weeks for Experian to update those payments, and your credit score. There isn't any way to speed up the process. My advice would be to take out a 30 day free trial with Experian, so you can tell when your credit score has been updated. Just remember to cancel it 5 working days before it ends, if you don't want to pay their monthly fee.

Message 2 of 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143442 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@JMC1231 

Experian advice here, however, in your case, the default was justified so you may be stuck with the rating for the next 6 years.

https://www.experian.co.uk/consumer/guides/notice-of-correction.html

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 3