Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit referral

Verbalherman
Level 1: Joiner
  • 9 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

In June/July 2023, I took out a SIM-only contract with O2. However, I found the network signal poor during my work commute. Consequently, I called O2 and cancelled my SIM within the cooling-off period. O2 was slow in sending out a PAC code and notifying my new network, EE.

Several months later, I received a bill for £82, which included my monthly bill and early cancellation fees. I called O2 again, and the staff member apologized, stating that she would remove the outstanding amount from my closing balance.

In October 2023, I received a notification from my credit report, indicating a missed payment with O2 for £82. I called O2 again and was assured it would be removed and that they were sorry for the inconvenience. They informed me it would take a few weeks to be cleared from my credit file. However, it wasn't removed, so I called again. This time, I was told it would take 30 days to clear from my credit report, and I would receive a credit of £18, although the reason for this was not explained.

After 30 days, the issue still wasn't resolved. I called again and was told it would take 30 to 60 days for my credit notice to be cleared. It still wasn't resolved, and I had to call again. This time, I was told that O2 owed me £18, and until this refund was sent to my bank account, they couldn't proceed with clearing my credit notice.

The refund was sent to my bank account, and on 17/04/2024, I was told that O2 could now move forward with removing the credit notice from my account. The representative mentioned he would pass this on to the O2 credit department since I have a legacy account, and it should only take a few weeks to be cleared.

I called again on 15/05/2024, only to be told that my account couldn't be cleared over the phone and that I had to put the request in writing to have my credit report cleared.

So, here I am, requesting once again that the missed payment to O2 be removed from my credit report.

Many thanks,

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 147230 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28300 Solutions

@Verbalherman 

The email address is creditfilereferrals@telefonica.com

Or you can write or fax them:

Credit File Referrals Team

Suite P

Arlington Business Centre

Leeds

LS11 0NE

Fax 0113 2025865

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 10

Verbalherman
  • 9 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Already have , and still no reply.

It appears they don't want to help

Message 3 of 10

MI5
  • 147230 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28300 Solutions

It's the only way forward @Verbalherman 

Keep trying.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 4 of 10

Verbalherman
  • 9 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I will but what else can I do ?

Message 5 of 10

MI5
  • 147230 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28300 Solutions

@Verbalherman 

Engage the services of a solicitor to put pressure on O2 from a legal perspective.

Escalate to the Ombudsman if your complaint is not actioned after 8 weeks.

make a complaint

Customer Complaints Code

Message 6 of 10

Verbalherman
  • 9 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi Ive had a response from the o2 credit file referral team this afternoon.

I'll be honest it makes no sense. 

See below 

Thanks for your email about account xxxxxx

We've taken a look at your request, but we can’t remove the default loading as this is filed correctly.

Account xxxxxxx terminated on 01/07/2023 with a balance of £84.33, this has then been written off for internal purposes on 31/08/2023, however is still outstanding. Where a balance remains unpaid for 6 consecutive months, a default is loaded against the account.

There has then been an adjustment added onto the account of £69.28 on 10/11/2023 to leave a balance of -£69.28 which has then also been written off on 28/11/2023. Unfortunately both write off balances need to be reversed and the balance brought back to £0.00 on the account

The account balance is still showing as outstanding. So please speak to our Payment Management team on 0800 588 4213 to discuss this.

I called o2 before ,however I was told my account couldn't be found, I explained I was told my old account was a legacy account,  even then he couldn't find it  

Any help would be greatly appreciated 😀

Message 7 of 10

Oxonian
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 7734 Posts
  • 151 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

@Verbalherman 

My interpretation of that is that O2 are saying that you owe them £153.61. I am not sure why they have written the liability off as they would usually sell it to a Debt Collection Agency. 

I suggest that you send your evidence to O2 and challenge their conclusion - assuming that you are absolutely certain that you are correct. 👍

Message 8 of 10

Verbalherman
  • 9 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I cancelled my contract within the cooling-off period, O2 then took their time sending the PAC code to EE, because of their mistake they say I went over the cooling off period.

They have apologise several times, I said they'll change it, however it's never cleared from my credit file.

I'm going around in circles with o2

Message 9 of 10

Oxonian
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 7734 Posts
  • 151 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

I can only suggest @Verbalherman that you persevere with the Credit File Referrals Team as per @MI5's post (message 2 above). 👍  

Message 10 of 10