Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit not accepted for no reason

RobMcTag
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, I wanted to add a Apple Watch onto my current plan that I have with o2 in which I literally had to and did pass a credit check. For some reason now that I am trying to add this for only £16 a month more I am being declined as its says cannot continue with order. All I want is a Apple Watch for god sake and I’m not getting anywhere with anyone from o2. I even went to my local store where it was just declined again. Any solutions to be accepted or are o2 just not allowing me a product.

note: I changed from virgin to o2 automatically 2 days before this.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

RobMcTag
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I also contacted customer service and they said that it had something to do with the size of my name and that it had to be less than 20 characters. I mean come on my name is my name for god sake why would I put in a shorter name on a credit check. I just hope at this point that it doesn’t affect my credit score negatively.

Message 2 of 9

Bambino
Level 85: Esteemed
  • 24019 Posts
  • 1046 Topics
  • 3774 Solutions

That really shouldn't happen. This is a customer community, and we have no access to anyone else's account, so I don't think anyone here would be able to give you an answer. Below is the Credit Files Referrals address, but they're not customer facing and slow to reply:

creditfilereferrals@telefonica.com
Credit File Referrals Team

Suite P
Arlington Business Centre
Leeds

LS11 0NE

Fax 0113 2025865

I will also tag an O2 advisor who will be on tomorrow morning who may be able to assist you better.

@O2Sarah- can you please advise @RobMcTag?

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 9

RobMcTag
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for your reply it’s just frustrating as I was moved to o2 without really wanting to as I knew how bad that can be with customer service. I also researched and found a lot of other people on this forum with a similar issue.

Message 4 of 9

Bambino
Level 85: Esteemed
  • 24019 Posts
  • 1046 Topics
  • 3774 Solutions

@RobMcTag The O2 advisor will reach out to you tomorrow morning. She will send you a private message through this page. Hopefully she will be able to help. Look for the little envelope icon top right of the page.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 5 of 9

RobMcTag
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Do you know if this will now negatively effect my credit score as I have tried to purchase the watch a few times now.

Message 6 of 9

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 94099 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7019 Solutions

RobMcTag
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Great

Message 8 of 9

O2Sarah-
  • 689 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

Thanks for the tag @Bambino 

@RobMcTag I will send you a private message so I can see if there is anything I can help with.

Message 9 of 9