cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit limit

Anonymous
Not applicable
Can anybody please tell me how to limit my sons O2 iPhone data use to avoid him going over his monthly limit. My daughter has a Virgin phone and I can cap monthly cost at £50 which means she can't run up any crazy bills as her phone cuts off at £50 per month.
Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

The phone should automatically latch on to any wifi he has registered the phone to, including home. However be aware that when the phone goes into sleep mode ie. the screen switches off, the phone automatically reverts to mobile data so he should switch this off when he is home.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

jonsie
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Unfortunately you cannot apply data caps through O2. If your son does exceed his allowance there will be no charges, data is just slowed down so as to be almost unusable. He will still be able to use wifi though. If he finds this happening, it may help him to be careful with his allowance, switching off mobile data when in a wifi area.

Message 2 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks, very helpful. Will his phone automatically switch to wifi when at home ? - phone is connected to home wifi!
Message 3 of 4

jonsie
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

The phone should automatically latch on to any wifi he has registered the phone to, including home. However be aware that when the phone goes into sleep mode ie. the screen switches off, the phone automatically reverts to mobile data so he should switch this off when he is home.

Message 4 of 4