cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit gone from £30 to £1.70?!!!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

i am currently abroad and i am using the 02 travel 1.99 a day i have used the 'more data' option 4 times which is an extra 1.99 i have been on holiday 2 days now when i first arrived i had 30 pounds credit i have obviously had 4 pound taken from me for the 02 travel for the 2 days and used the more data 4 times which in total credit would add up to £12 where the hell has £18 dissapeared to i have made 1 text which is obviously not going to take £18 and have made no calls i would really like an answer to this?!

many thanks

Alex

Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

It's difficult to comment but with the usage you have described something is obviously wrong. All you can do is check with customer service and dispute the charges. If you aren't satisfied with the outcome of the chat or call, then consider a complaint via the link at the foot of every page.

See what they say, if an error has been made they should refund the credit for you.

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
Have you received and texts or calls? You are charged for them.
Message 2 of 9

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Unfortunately we are all customers here with no access to your account but maybe we can help to pinpoint what has gone wrong somewhere along the line.

Which country are you in and how did you travel there?

Message 3 of 9

anticpated
Level 30: Meditator
  • 3412 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions

Depends on a lot of factors. Is your phone set to Roaming, which will log you into any compatiable networks which don't use the same tariff. Another thing, if your telephone is able to use Wi-FI then you may as well, pay a small fee and be in control.

Otherwise buy a temporary SIM to use on holiday.

Samsung Galaxy S10, Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Message 4 of 9

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

I'm thinking maybe straying near to bordering countries not covered by O2 Travel especially if network selection is set to automatic, or even connecting to ferry or ship networks. This is why we need more info.

Message 5 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

i have not recieved any calls or texts no, i am in portugal i am in no way near any sort of border or anything like that although i do have data roaming on........my mobile internet wouldnt work abroad without it and i spoke to a guy from 02 and he also told me to put my data roaming on and that my 02 tarrif would not be affected! thank you all for your quick responses im so annoyed right now as i cant speak to cust services as its too late and i would just like to add even if the guy from 02 was wrong it doesnt say on the 02 site for pay and go not to use data roaming, which if this is the reason it should be clearly stated!

thanks guys alex

Message 6 of 9

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

It's difficult to comment but with the usage you have described something is obviously wrong. All you can do is check with customer service and dispute the charges. If you aren't satisfied with the outcome of the chat or call, then consider a complaint via the link at the foot of every page.

See what they say, if an error has been made they should refund the credit for you.

Message 7 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

If any error has been made then speak to Customer Services on your return and if upheld I'm sure any credit taken in error will be returned.
http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

Right now if this was me I'd turn off Mobile Data in your phones settings and use Wifi or if your phone is unlocked then look at local networks and their charges and use a local SIM card.

The online complaint link takes approx 28 days to receive a reply.

Let us know how you get on.
Message 8 of 9

Cleoriff
  • 122370 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi Alex...

I have just returned from Spain and I tend to have data roaming off at all times...using WiFi wherever I go.

The thing is (as I understand it) if your data roaming/mobile data is left on you will automatically be charged the £1.99  every day you are abroad. ....

https://www.o2.co.uk/shop/international/using-phone-in-europe

Edited to add...my daughter in law was with me in July when we were in Spain. She was on payg and the same thing happened to her....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 9