Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Anonymous

Credit disappeared

Hi

Bit confused - topped up my phone with £10 on 8th March, am on Simplicity £5 a month unlimited texts - I don't use my phone for calls and only use free Wi-Fi. Just received text saying I need to top up to get my next lot of texts as only have 28p... have just redeemed £5 O2 rewards so now have credit but no idea where the other £5 has gone...

Has anyone else experienced this?

DeanO

Anonymous

Re: Credit disappeared

Dean,

That's strange. Which phone have you got? Some of the newer smartphones access the web in the background and if you haven't got a data bolt-on, you could be charged £1 per day for doing this.

You can call PAYG care on 4445 or click the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page to speak to a web chat advisor, and they should be able to tell you exactly what it's been used for.

Hope this helps!
Anonymous

I have a Samsung S8000, it was a friends old contract phone that he gave to me after my old phone gave up the ghost. im still not 100% sure what some of the applications do i all i really do is text people and if people ring me then talk.

Will get my wife to check out the online chat, Thanks for your help!
Dean.
Anonymous

Yes ... £1 per day deducted. I can believe that as its a windows phone  its set up to do what it pleases.

New phone .... No calls made only wireless .......... Will be removing sim until investigated.

Topics: 580
Solutions: 4,256

Modern smartphones are designed to update apps and you really need a data bolt on to get the full benefit of the features of your phone.

Anonymous

Squires bolt on. Have been keeping record of balance. Only connected with wifi for 3 days. £1 disappeared this evening. Would be nice to have a record. Don't tell people they can get the records without saying precisely how.
Topics: 247
Solutions: 1,614

[ Edited ]

@Anonymous wrote:
Squires bolt on. Have been keeping record of balance. Only connected with wifi for 3 days. £1 disappeared this evening. Would be nice to have a record. Don't tell people they can get the records without saying precisely how.

"Squires bolt on" what does that mean?  Who was telling you to get what records?

It's difficult to understand what exactly you're having a problem with here, or who you are responding to.

You can check your usage in MyO2.

Just because you have wi-fi turned on doesn't mean the phone won't connect to the GPRS network at times.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1