Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit checks on existing customers

Scottylaa
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi, i currently have an iphone7+ which i got as a device plan contract which is now payed off. I switched to a sim only contract using the same device which is now also almost payed off. Im interested in upgrading to the iphone 12pro max and would also like to add a nike apple watch with it.
My first question is would it be possible to have both devices together under the same pay monthly plan as a kind of bundle?
My second question is would doing this leave a hard search on my credit file even tho ive been with o2 for over 10 years?
Im currently saving for a deposit on a mortgage so dont want to spend a chunk of savings buying The watch outright but also dont want a hard search to affect getting accepted for the mortgage.

Any help would be massively appreciated, thanks.
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10143 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3006 Solutions
@Scottylaa

o2 don't usually credit check existing customers upgrading devices.

Only if you take a new line will you be credit checked normally.

You can indeed add a iPhone 12 Pro mac and Apple Watch to it, you will just have 3 direct debits coming out,

1 for your combined iPhone and iWatch airtime (apple watch charged at £5pm )
and 1 for the iPhone Credit Agreement and 1 for the Apple Watch
- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 2 of 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions

@Scottylaa 

Yes, you can have both on refresh and there are no credit checks for upgrades, so the addition of a phone will not be checked, however, as the watch is new, that may result in a credit check.

Best to call O2 to do it and ask if the system is requesting a check.

Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 3