Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit check

Cezza
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

So basically my boyfriend put the credit check under my name however I am under 18 so it needs to be changed because I am the one only paying for the phone.But I dunno what to do now because I can’t change the details what can I do!!

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143419 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Cezza 

The contract has been mis sold as you cannot legally have a contract.

You need to contact O2 asap.

If you message O2 on Facebook (https://o2uk.co/O2CFB) , Twitter (https://o2uk.co/O2CTW) or Instagram (https://o2uk.co/O2CIG) , they should be able to help you with this.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 8

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9984 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions

@Cezza 

Im confused, is the Account in your name or your boyfriends? as this leads to 2 paths

If under your name

If you are under 18 you cant be credit checked and have a credit agreement, unless your boyfriend has lied about some of the details, this is fraud, and o2 can terminate the agreement.

You cant as your under 18, and you cant pass a credit check, and be held legally responsible for any credit agreements.

If under your boyfriends name

Once you turn 18 then you can apply for a contract in your own name, and then transfer the number to the new contract, once you have paid any termination fees / outstanding device plan.

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 3 of 8

Cezza
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Basically he was supposed to put the credit check in as his name but for some reason didn’t he put mine which can’t be used as I’m under 18.However he wants the card details on my name for me to pay the money 

Message 4 of 8

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9984 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions

You need to contact o2 asap, as you can not have a credit agreement under the age of 18. 

O2 open at 8am tomorrow and can be contacted on 0344 809 0202.  I will also tag @O2Lisa  who can help in the morning as well. 

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 5 of 8

Cezza
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I’m just concerned because it’s supposed to be here tomorrow and there’s nothing I can do about it

Message 6 of 8

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143419 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Cezza 

As I said above, you need to report this to O2 asap.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 7 of 8

O2Lisa
  • 996 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 32 Solutions

Morning all, thanks for the tag @madasaf1sh.

@Cezza I'll message you privately and look in to this for you. 

My working hours are Monday - Thursday 08:00 - 18:00
Any messages sent outside these time will be responded to on my return.
Thanks slight_smile

signature
Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 8