cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Refund

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have just attempted to obtain a PAC code from O2 but have been told that the £20 Auto Top Up credit I have will not be refunded.

I cannot see why that money will not be refunded O2 are just holding the money to cover any call charges or top up fee, it was done for their convieniece, I have not received any service or goods from them.

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17

aldaweb
  • 1722 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

That's pretty much standard across the networks.

I had a similar scenario with T-Mobile but used up all the credit before using the PAC. Ridiculously that was for a transfer to EE4G.

iPhone 14 Pro (O2 ), S23U (EE), iPad Pro LTE (EE), .

Reviews: iPhone-X-first-impressions ¦ Blackberry Classic ¦ Blackberry Z30 ¦ Nokia Lumia 1020 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Part 1 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Pt. 2
Message 11 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
Slightly different situation but I've had credit moved from one payg SIM card to another SIM card which were in my name. This closes the first sim down.

Bit sure with the PAC process being in this scenario.

Can't harm to ask Customer Service via phone call. !
Message 12 of 18

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

That won't apply when the OP wants to take the number to another network bob.

Message 13 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just cancelled my auto top up and will now just let it run down, I am not changing because I am unhappy with the service just will be getting a more for my £10 a month plus double Nectar points on purchases and fuel 🙂

Message 14 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
Fair enough.

Take care.
Message 15 of 18

jonsie
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Good deal but I assume you have checked that coverage for Calls and data is OK on the new network?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 17 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes they are using the Vodafone network which I've used before.

Message 18 of 18