cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Referrals

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, I’ve been emailing the credit referrals team now for a few weeks and still pending a response. I’ve called a few times and the staff have been very helpful and said o2 will get the issue corrected for me however I am passed back to the credit ref team email who I have had no response from. There was an error on my credit file from over 6 years ago which I didn’t correct at the time, now I am applying for a mortgage the mortgage provider are questioning this flagging on my report. It is quite urgent I have 48 hours to give them documentation.
Please can you give me a contact number or get someone to respond to me?
Thanks very much!
Message 1 of 61
60 REPLIES 60

jcass1
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi Martin, 

I am having this issue right now. I have posted about it here: 
https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Discussions-and-Feedback/o2-have-INCORRECTLY-messed-up-my-credit-score...

i would love some help solving it as its getting urgent. I am rushing to get a house and just discovered this mistake by o2. It's crushing. 

please help me

Message 41 of 61

kitri00202
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi Martin, @Martin-O2 

I am having a similar problem with regards to applying for a mortgage. Any help would be highly appreciated.

Best,

Ed

Message 42 of 61

Cleoriff
  • 122793 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@kitri00202 wrote:

Hi Martin, @Martin-O2 

I am having a similar problem with regards to applying for a mortgage. Any help would be highly appreciated.

Best,

Ed

@Marjo @LukasB ?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 43 of 61

LukasB
  • 1791 Posts
  • 177 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

Hey @kitri00202 we can have a look into this. Have been in touch with the credit referrals team yet?

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 44 of 61

rflack
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have tried to get a third sim only contract on 02 (one for each member of the family) and each time I try to buy a third I keep getting this Credit declined message, then it suggests I go look at this dark part of the internet.
Why is it such an issue to get a third contract... sort of regretting going with O2 and havn't even started the contract yet 😕

Message 45 of 61

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122793 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@rflack 

You may be better off going instore. Trying too many times online will throw up a warning.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 46 of 61

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144140 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions

@rflack wrote:

I have tried to get a third sim only contract on 02 (one for each member of the family) and each time I try to buy a third I keep getting this Credit declined message, then it suggests I go look at this dark part of the internet.
Why is it such an issue to get a third contract... sort of regretting going with O2 and havn't even started the contract yet 😕

If you have just done two credit checks for the other contracts you will be rejected for the third due to too many checks in a short period of time.

Best to wait a month for the next application.

Your credit file will be marked so credit checks anywhere will be declined.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 47 of 61

rflack
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

So you're suggesting that any family that has tried to get matching sim cards on 02 has had to do it a month apart otherwise they max out their credit checks? Not a problem with virgin or vodafone. 

I'm not sure I believe that, it doesn't sound right... where's the abort button?

Message 48 of 61

Meg1
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi @LukasB @Martin-O2 

I am also having this problem - I tried to take out a new contract on cyber Monday but was denied because of a credit check mistake (I have a good credit score so not sure why it was cancelled).

I've emailed the credit referral team several times with a copy of my credit report but still not had a reply. On the phone customer services told me only the credit referral email team could help and that they would reply within 5 working days, but I haven't heard back from them after 2 weeks so I'm not sure what to do next. I also don't want this failed credit check to affect my credit rating in the future.

Is there any way to escalate my request without sending an email every day?

Thanks!

Message 49 of 61

LukasB
  • 1791 Posts
  • 177 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

Hey @Meg1 sorry for the delay - I will PM you on here for some more information.

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 50 of 61