cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Referrals

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, I’ve been emailing the credit referrals team now for a few weeks and still pending a response. I’ve called a few times and the staff have been very helpful and said o2 will get the issue corrected for me however I am passed back to the credit ref team email who I have had no response from. There was an error on my credit file from over 6 years ago which I didn’t correct at the time, now I am applying for a mortgage the mortgage provider are questioning this flagging on my report. It is quite urgent I have 48 hours to give them documentation.
Please can you give me a contact number or get someone to respond to me?
Thanks very much!
Message 1 of 61
60 REPLIES 60

Andyb5140
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi @Martin-O2 ,

Can you help me also. I have a default on my credit score from o2 at no fault of my own and now can't get a mortgage approved. 

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you,

Andy

Message 51 of 61

Jackie55
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

It’s almost sad to see that so many people have experienced the same issue as I have.

i have a default on my account from just under six years ago which has hindered my mortgage, I know defaults linger for six years.

However what I was surprised to find out is that it’s still being classified as ‘unsatisfied’ under O2 despite me having evidence from the 3rd party agency that I paid the balance in full years ago.

i have already emailed all of this to the credit referrals team with still no reply and the appalling customer service I’ve received is astounding.

this default pertains to an older account.

I am being forced to contact the FCA regarding this.

can someone please help me with my query 

Message 52 of 61

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 11577 Posts
  • 63 Topics
  • 3163 Solutions

@Jackie55 

I would start by contacting the debt collection agency and asking them if they passed it over to the Credit Reference Agency, as at the point you paid the debt it will have been sold to the DCA, so it is them who have to report it back to the CRA.

A default will stay on your account for 6 years with or without it been "satisfied"  

You need to speak to the mortgage company and ask them as well if the proof you have from paying the debt is OK or if they are using this as a tactic to not give you a mortgage (It has been known to happen, even for the sake of 50p) .

Also log a dispute on the likes of TransUnion or Experian, and they can pass it over to the DCA / o2 as well 

Other than that you will needs to wait for the response from the Credit File Team,  The FCA won't investigate unless you can prove the DCA has passed the information to the CRA

--
iPhone 16 Pro Max - o2 and Spusu
Xperia 1V - Spusu

--
This is not customer services and we dont have access to your account
I do not work for o2 or any VMo2 /Telefonica/Liberty Global Company
Message 53 of 61

Jackie55
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you for getting back to me.

I’m aware that a default lasts six years however a satisfied default and unsatisfied default are viewed differently in the eye of a lender.

The unsatisfied default is listed with TransUnion however is under O2 Telecommunications.

I’ve been informed that this should not be listed as a ‘dispute’ as this can also be damaging to my file as this mistake should never have happened.

i have contacted the 3rd party who have ensured me they have informed the relevant agencies and also confirmed the debt was cleared on the correct date.

Ideally I’d like to get this cleared without it being raised as a contested dispute on my file, the only avenue I’ve yet to venture is the TransUnion route as they’re not open on weekends but again I’d really not like a dispute on my file.

any other information you have on this would be greatly appreciated 

Message 54 of 61

LUMC_0102
  • 14 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I’m waiting on credit referral to email me regarding my order but I’m yet to still get any email 

Message 55 of 61

TallTrees
Level 50: Versatile
  • 11227 Posts
  • 120 Topics
  • 374 Solutions

Hello @LUMC_0102 

Welcome to the community.

You should contact them again here:

The Credit File Referrals Team is not customer facing. Below are the only ways to contact them:
creditfilereferrals@telefonica.com
Credit File Referrals Team
Suite P
Arlington Business Centre
Leeds
LS11 0NE

Good luck and best wishes

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 56 of 61

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93984 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7019 Solutions

Looks like you should contact the sales team as they can help with that – message them on Social Media if that works best for you –

See links below

Or you can call them on 0800 081 0255

Message 57 of 61

Sarwar
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi @Martin-O2 ,

I am having a similar problem to others on this chat regarding getting my mortgage application approved. 

I cancelled my contract within two days of receiving the SIM card but for some reason there was a missed payment put on my account after 2 months of cancellation and then a default after 3 months!

I have been waiting for ages to get this resolved but don’t seem to be having any luck.

Can you please please help me with this and get this sped up?

Many thanks

Sarwar

Message 58 of 61

Sarwar
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Martin-O2 

also, I have emailed the credit referrals team by email but still waiting for a response!

Message 59 of 61

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 11577 Posts
  • 63 Topics
  • 3163 Solutions

@Sarwar 

The quickest way to do this is to raise a dispute with a CRA and there process, although be aware any updates takes many weeks to be applied to your Credit Report.

--
iPhone 16 Pro Max - o2 and Spusu
Xperia 1V - Spusu

--
This is not customer services and we dont have access to your account
I do not work for o2 or any VMo2 /Telefonica/Liberty Global Company
Message 60 of 61