Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Referral Team

alana23
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hey.... So i have purchased a contract with 02 and all was fine and then i found out that is has been passed onto the credit check referral team. Now i am freaking out! 😞 its been over 24 hours now and i haven't heard anything. I went to check my credit rating to see what was wrong and my credit score is "poor" in the orange because i recently took out a credit card in the past few days, i have had a couple of searches done on my account within the last 12 months and also because i have been registered on the electoral roll with my current address for less than 3 years.. (as we moved house just over a year ago). I have never missed a payment. Is there a good change i will get declined a contract? My credit rating has always been good its just unfortunate i have had a couple of things at the one time that has lowered my credit score. 😞

Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

@alana23 @There is a good chance it maybe declined unfortunately. You could try again in a few weeks 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

@alana23 @There is a good chance it maybe declined unfortunately. You could try again in a few weeks 

Message 2 of 9

alana23
  • 5 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Anonymous  Ah i have a feeling that it will 😞 Thanks for your reply!

Message 3 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

@alana23 @You are very welcome & welcome to the forum 

Message 4 of 9

alana23
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
*update ,

My phone contract unfortunately did get declined 😞 but 02 were very helpful and helped keep get a sim only deal contract which I got approved and I just bought the phone outright. So I'm happy enough slight_smile
Message 5 of 9

davethorp
Level 21: Regular
  • 1035 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 38 Solutions

Glad to hear you got sorted out with a Sim Only deal

Its worth mentioning that once you have been on the sim only for 3 months O2 may allow you to upgrade to a handset should you get bored of the one you bought outright

Message 6 of 9

Foddersin
Level 3: Thinker
  • 68 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
They will allow you to upgrade your SIM plan after 3 months and upgrade to a handset after 6 month of clear billing history especially if this is your first line on the account.
Kindest Regards,
Andrew.
Samsung Galaxy S10+ on O2 UK
Nokia 1 Plus on O2 UK
Message 7 of 9

chesskuh
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

How long did it take for your decision to come through? I am past 48 hours on an iPad contract with credit refferal team and still no word. I have a completed IVA still on my file which is likely going to mean that they cannot offer me the contract but the wait is infuriating! 

Message 8 of 9

wintons
  • 8 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@chesskuh Hi, im going through the same issue, can't get through to the referral team! I just want them to decline it now so I know the answer. how long did it take before your decision came through? o2 told me the phone would be delivered today now its not and my application is with the referral team!

Message 9 of 9