Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit File Referrals - URGENT

PaulMal85
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

So in October last year took out an O2 contract through mobilephonesdirects which I immediately cancelled, sent back as soon as I received it and as per their instruction - cancelled my direct debit. The phone wasn't even opened and to be honest I hadn't given it a moments thought since.

However, my re-mortgage has just come up and I've been rejected with the deadline a couple of weeks away to get this sorted. After signing up with Experian I've found out that O2 have been trying to bill me £20 since November and it has affected my credit score to the point that it's now awful.

I've been given an e-mail address to contact which, given the severity of the situation, seems a bit of a whimsical way of trying to address this issue.

Is there anything further that can be done? I've seen a couple of other posts on here that have been esculated and I could really do with this being the case on this issue!

Thanks in advance for any help or advice. I'll never be taking out anything with either O2 or buying from mobilephonesdirect again.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143187 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27459 Solutions
All I can suggest is that you message @EmilieT but she won't get it until Monday now.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 3

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hey @PaulMal85  has there been any progress on this one? Did you contact the credit referrals team via email and if so did they respond yet? 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 3 of 3