Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Check

Garfield
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have been an O2 customer for some time and with a perfect credit score.

I have just applied for an additional SIM for my disabled mother so I can pay for her bills, and I have just been declined for no reason.

With whom do O2 check so I can contact the correct credit scoring company?

Message 1 of 12
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 146975 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28263 Solutions

@Garfield 

creditfilereferrals@telefonica.com
Credit File Referrals Team
Suite P
Arlington Business Centre
Leeds
LS11 0NE
Fax 0113 2025865

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 146975 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28263 Solutions

@Garfield 

creditfilereferrals@telefonica.com
Credit File Referrals Team
Suite P
Arlington Business Centre
Leeds
LS11 0NE
Fax 0113 2025865

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 12

Bambino
Level 85: Esteemed
  • 23537 Posts
  • 1035 Topics
  • 3747 Solutions

@Garfield Keep in mind that the Credit Files Referrals Team are not very quick to respond. Usually their responses take ten days or more.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 12

Garfield
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I received a response today from them and they stated it was declined on a business policy. I have asked which policy I failed. 

I just don’t get it. I have been on the electoral roll for over 20 years, perfect credit score (as in the max), no missed payments, very low mortgage, etc. without being arrogant, if I have been declined a £6 SIM contract then the rest of the world should be declined. 

would a subject access request highlight what the issue was or another way of escalating it, short of going public/media about it. 

Message 4 of 12

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 10634 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 3094 Solutions

@Garfield 

o2 wont tell you what policy you have failed on, and to be honest o2 can do business with whomever they want and credit is not guaranteed, it doesnt matter if its for 50p, £6 or £6,000 

Your credit score means naff all, as its a number designed to sell you things by Credit Reference Agencies, so something on your credit file and having very little credit can affect things as much as having too much credit. 

To be honest, i wouldn't bother, as a SAR wont tell you anything and nor is going public... I would just look at Tesco Mobile or Sky, both of which use the o2 network.. 

You may have the same with any network just to be aware

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 5 of 12

Bambino
  • 23537 Posts
  • 1035 Topics
  • 3747 Solutions

Sounds pretty absurd, @Garfield. You might want to consider a Pay & Go sim on a rolling plan that you can pay for which I think you can get without going through a credit check: Pay As You Go SIM Cards & Deals | O2

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 6 of 12

Garfield
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Replying to both Bambino and MI5.

This community page for some reason keeps logging me out even after a few minutes of writing this response (again, third time lucky).

Tell me, I have the following:

- electoral roll over 21 years at same address (still here)

- already have an O2 contract with them (for several years)

- perfect credit score and finance history

I have written back to them to ask whether there is an error in the application or in the checks, etc.

If I have failed, then I don't how others have passed it. I don't want a PAYG.

Message 7 of 12

Enlli
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 7116 Posts
  • 51 Topics
  • 1586 Solutions

Actually you could get a rolling 30 day plan on the likes of Voxi without any credit checks.

I'm sure some other companies that deal in 30 day rolling only are similar

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 8 of 12

Bambino
  • 23537 Posts
  • 1035 Topics
  • 3747 Solutions

@Garfield As a customer just like yourself I wouldn't know why you've been denied. I will tag an O2 online account advisor who might be able to give you an explanation or help you sort this out.

@Anonymous can you please assist?

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 9 of 12

Garfield
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

It is rather bizarre.

If your O2 account adviser friend can assist that would be great. Do they have a policy that they will only take people on where they will make money on them as I only have SIM-only contracts?

Another thing is that they keep thrusting upgrades, new contracts under my nose on the O2 page, emails, etc. 

Message 10 of 12