cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Check System Left Me Phoneless

Anonymous
Not applicable

So I recently took out a contract (12 Days ago) for a Oneplus 3t in store and everything went well and I got the contract, then Oneplus decided to make a more beautiful colour of the phone which came in a 'Midnight Black' I was advised that the only way to change the colour would be to cancel the initial contract and take out another but it was online only offer. I proceded to do so only to find that the credit check in the final step of an online purchase would deny me even though I had contract literally days ago, I found that because I had done a credit check in store and another one online they were done too close together. So now I can't get another contract out and I'm forced to leave 02 who have the Oneplus exclusivley.

-Moral of the story checking your credit score brings down your credit store (Oh the irony!!!) :@-

Has anyone had this sort of problem? I've emailed the credit check email still waiting on a reply. As of now my hands are tied.

Message 1 of 12
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hey @Anonymous As mentioned above the only way you can query this refusal is by contacting the O2 credit referrals team in writing. Contact info below wink

E-mail: creditfilereferrals@o2.com

Postal address: Credit File Referrals, Suite XY, Arlington Business Centre, Millshaw Park Lane, Leeds, LS11 0NE

Remember to include the order number along with your full name and address. 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

View solution in original post

Message 10 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
It's common of any credit check system. Too many too close together will get a refusal but in fairness you should have been warned.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 12

Curr946
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 2174 Posts
  • 133 Topics
  • 44 Solutions
Appeal directly to o2 and they will overturn the decline. It's all computerised and the fact you passed days before shows it's clearly a restriction to avoid fraud. You've returned one and therefore when you appeal common sense will kick in
Current Phone: Sony Xperia XZ Premium
Message 3 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

Through the customer service number or?

Message 4 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
True I learnt the hard way, was only told if I fail a credit check it would affect my credit rating but thought I would be okay as I got a contract in store.
Message 5 of 12

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Assuming o2 have common sense?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 12

Curr946
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 2174 Posts
  • 133 Topics
  • 44 Solutions
Think you need to write in to credit referrals . They might be able to do it by phone. @Anonymous will be able to confirm
Current Phone: Sony Xperia XZ Premium
Message 7 of 12

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

@Anonymous @Curr946 I'll ask the team now wink

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!

signature

Message 8 of 12

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
There is no public phone number for credit referrals as they aren't customer facing.
They may call you if you request it but no guarantee.

Currently using:
Message 9 of 12

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hey @Anonymous As mentioned above the only way you can query this refusal is by contacting the O2 credit referrals team in writing. Contact info below wink

E-mail: creditfilereferrals@o2.com

Postal address: Credit File Referrals, Suite XY, Arlington Business Centre, Millshaw Park Lane, Leeds, LS11 0NE

Remember to include the order number along with your full name and address. 

signature

Message 10 of 12