cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cracked screen

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have cracked my screen on my samsung s4 mini, i can hear messages come through but the screen is just black.
Can this be fixed.
Also there are pictures i want to recover, i gained some through connecting to computer but not all, maybe just the ones saved to sim
Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144350 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27671 Solutions
Try a full backup with Samsung Kies http://www.samsung.com/uk/support/usefulsoftware/KIES/
Hopefully this will work and save all your photos. If you have an SD card in there they should be saved on that so you can just remove that and store it safely whilst you get the screen repaired.
I guess you are out of warranty by now so you can go to your local market stall for the repair which will be by far the cheapest option.
Just changing the screen shouldn't mean you'd lose anything off the phone so the backup is just to be on the safe side.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

MI5
  • 144350 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27671 Solutions
Try a full backup with Samsung Kies http://www.samsung.com/uk/support/usefulsoftware/KIES/
Hopefully this will work and save all your photos. If you have an SD card in there they should be saved on that so you can just remove that and store it safely whilst you get the screen repaired.
I guess you are out of warranty by now so you can go to your local market stall for the repair which will be by far the cheapest option.
Just changing the screen shouldn't mean you'd lose anything off the phone so the backup is just to be on the safe side.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 3

jonsie
  • 93235 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6978 Solutions

Yes it can be fixed but I would be มอ​careful who you deal with. With it no longer being in warranty a good local repair shop will give you a price for it. You shouldn't lose anything on the phone and hopefully you set up the phone initially to back up photos to Google. 

Message 3 of 3