Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Anonymous

Couple of questions: Unwanted calls and upgrading/downgradin

So for the past 4 months or so I've been recieving calls from what seems like a company called Mobiles4U (01269598400). I've tried answering and telling them to remove me from their database, and I've tried registering with the Telephone Preference service, the later of which appeared to stop these annoying calls for around a month. But since yesterday I have had 3 missed calls off this same number!!!! Is tere any other way I could stop this? They are convinced my "o2 contract is about to end", it's not! And surely that information is between me and o2?!

Also my contract IS due for renewal in the summer, but I'm paying far too much at the moment, I got my contract when I used a lot more minutes/texts. Would it be better for me to downgrade before or after I upgrade, if that makes sense. Also, if I downgrade before this will probably affect what phone I get, but if I wait until after will I have to wait the full 9 months to be able to downgrade my account?

Thanks in advance for any input!
Anonymous

You seem to have done plenty to stop the number from calling you. Depending on your handset you may be able to auto-reject this number but it may still be noted on your phone as a missed call.

As for downgrading now, you might as well IMHO. The price of a new phone depends entirely on the new contract your signing up to, not your old one.

However, as you want a lower amount of minutes you'll no doubt sign up to a contract where the handset price is high. You'll need to calculate whether the saving on the handset taking out a higher contract than you need, is better value, than paying extra for the phone and starting on your desired level of contract. As you say you would have to wait 9 months to downgrade after signing a new contract.

SV
Anonymous

Thanks for your reply!! I'm not sure there is such a thing on my phone, it's just annoying!! I've googled the number and there has been absolutely loads of complaints about this!! Surely there must be something we could do, what's that programme that used to be on the bbc about scams and customer service and such? Haha..

Hmm I'm just not sure! They have this new "Package Builder" on the shop now, and I would really love to go with one of them. As part of those contracts you can now get a free bolt on, so I would pick the unlimited web bolt on which would save me £7.50 a month. Plus I could get twice as many text messages (technically, I already get the same amount, but it's with the "online double messages") and only 200 mins less (I use nowhere near 800!!!!!) for £5 pounds less, which sounds like not very much but without that other £7.50 that's a saving of £12.50 a month for more or less what I have!! Am I wrong in thinking that's unfair? Would they be able to "downgrade" my contract to this? Or would I have to cancel my contract at full term and take up a new one?
Anonymous

Re the unwanted calls. I had some similar calls before. Give customer services a call, they will pass the details to the O2 nuisance call bureau who will give you a call back to discuss. They should be able to get these calls stopped for you.

Smiley Very Happy
Anonymous

Oh that's great thanks!!! I will definately try this!
Highlighted
Topics: 293
Kudos: 1,845
Ideas: 6
Solutions: 1,310

Also as you have registered with tps fill in an online complaint form on the tps site.
iPhone xs 256gb on 20gb tariff o2 open discount
iPad Pro 11” 2018 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Henstridge Rural South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services