Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Highlighted
Anonymous

Costing pay and go customers to text me

Hi i just got my first contract phone today, apparently its costing my friends on pay and go to text me? I thought it was free to text o2 to o2 Smiley Indifferent Any help on this matter would be great.
Highlighted
Anonymous

Re: Costing pay and go customers to text me

Why did you think that?
If your friends on payg don't have a text bundle it is chargeable.
Just how good are you friends with them? You can add a £7.50 bolt on to your account if you wish where you nominate up to four other o2 numbers which will give all five of you unlimited free calls and texts to each other, which is n excellent option.
Highlighted
Anonymous

i assumed it was free for pay and go to text pay monthly phones as both are on the o2 network, again this is my first experience with a contract phone
Highlighted
Anonymous

I dont know of any network where this is the case, but in my edit above I mentioned another option
Highlighted
Anonymous

I suppose i will have to get the bolt on then, pretty good offer that aswell. Thanks for your help
Highlighted
Anonymous

You're welcome.
Highlighted
Anonymous

If your friends are on the O2 Unlimited tariff then they can text you got free. BUT when you join O2 it takes a few days for the new number to reach all the systems. So they might not be able to text fir free until a few days have passed.
Highlighted
Anonymous

I just received the phone today, i was thinking mabye it takes a while to connect to the network
Highlighted
Anonymous

i assumed it was free for pay and go to text pay monthly phones as both are on the o2 network

Depends what package there on OR if there part of a family bolt on group.
Highlighted
Anonymous

o2 unlimited they'd be on. I know a few people who have a contract phone and haven't experienced the same problem.