cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cost of Received text from 88188

Anonymous
Not applicable

I start getting weird text message from 88188 and when I checked my account I was charged over a pound per msg received( £6.58 in total). 

I goggle this number and the only solution told there, was to text STOP on same number , I have done it , hope it will stop the future msgs. Any idea if I call O2 and they reverse these charges, to be honest I don't remember subscribing to any such service.

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

These short message services are controlled by PhonePayPlus and you can follow the advice on their website about the company involved. These companies make an enormous profit from unsuspecting mobile owners inadvertently clicking on links or information services.

O2 will be unlikely to recredit your account as it isn't their error.

It is possible they could add a premium bar to your account to prevent this happening again.

Enquire through customer service.

http://www.phonepayplus.org.uk/Number-Checker/Check-a-Number-Results.aspx?ncn=88188

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

These short message services are controlled by PhonePayPlus and you can follow the advice on their website about the company involved. These companies make an enormous profit from unsuspecting mobile owners inadvertently clicking on links or information services.

O2 will be unlikely to recredit your account as it isn't their error.

It is possible they could add a premium bar to your account to prevent this happening again.

Enquire through customer service.

http://www.phonepayplus.org.uk/Number-Checker/Check-a-Number-Results.aspx?ncn=88188

Message 2 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

Be careful with that premium bar I was told it was on my account and the messages still got through and charged me then when I went into it deeper with a manager they told me they can only apply a bar for premium calls not texts and that no such thing exists they seemed to make up the rules as they went along

Message 3 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

They'll still send those spam text but use a different number again & again no matter what you do

Message 4 of 4