Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Corona virus

Madds
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
So due to me now being jobless because of the virus, I cannot afford this month to pay for my phone contract. What do I do?
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23038 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3668 Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122767 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

@Madds 

You need to speak to the Payment Management Team on 0800 902 0217. It's a free call. Also take a look at this link: https://www.o2.co.uk/help/account-and-billing/payment-support

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 8

Stiggy
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I recently lost my job and had a month wait until starting a new one and I spoke to them through the chat and they actually put my account on hold for a month and I still had full use of my phone until I could pay my bill
Message 4 of 8

MI5
  • 144086 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions

@Madds 

O2 have posted "If the effects of COVID-19 are impacting your income and you have concerns over paying your upcoming phone bill, please let us know. You can call us directly on 202 to discuss the situation, and we’ll try to find a solution so you’re not under any added stress."

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 8

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35745 Posts
  • 227 Topics
  • 1579 Solutions

@Stiggy wrote:
I recently lost my job and had a month wait until starting a new one and I spoke to them through the chat and they actually put my account on hold for a month and I still had full use of my phone until I could pay my bill

That's encouraging, @Stiggy - hopefully others will find O2 to be as accommodating in the current climate of uncertainty. Thanks for sharing your positive experience. 👍

Message 6 of 8

jonsie
  • 93157 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions

@Stiggy wrote:

I hope this is a new guideline for advisers under the present state of the country.

Message 7 of 8

djbsuffolk
Level 9: Fired up
  • 140 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 8 Solutions

That's good to hear O2 are taking a sympathetic approach - it's in their best interest to do this as they'll need to try and maintain their customer base as best as possible for when the crisis is over. 

Message 8 of 8