Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contract

Tiffeny19
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi, just enquiring about getting a contract phone , it’s just I don’t have a credit score as I’ve never had to pay anything before , I was just wondering if I was to pay an upfront cost on the phone would I be able to have the contract & does the price vary from your credit score.

Many Thanks.
Tiffeny19
Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144086 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions

Hi @Tiffeny19 you'll need to apply and see what the computer says. In some cases they will ask for a deposit but the prices stay the same.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
  • 144086 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions

Hi @Tiffeny19 you'll need to apply and see what the computer says. In some cases they will ask for a deposit but the prices stay the same.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 5

Betablue
Level 4: Observant
  • 57 Posts
  • 10 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi @Tiffeny19 just as @MI5 says plus maybe sign up for Free Experian to see your credit score first. An application of any sort will record against your credit score. But we all roll the dice at some stage. Unless you have negative credit history (versus none), a deposit is hopefully the worst that will happen. Good luck!
Message 3 of 5

jonsie
  • 93157 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions

You will probably have to pay a deposit which you will get back after 3 months on time payments. It will show as a credit on your 4th Bill at which stage you can either request to be paid back into your account or leave it there to pay for future bills. A direct debit will be set up and I would suggest you leave this in place rather than making manual payments. This will also build up a credit rating for you.

Message 4 of 5

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hey @Tiffeny19, welcome to our community. Lots of information above so let us know if you're all good or if you have any further questions the community could help you with? Would love to hear how it goes with your new contract if you'd like to pop back in to give us an update at any point. slight_smile

Message 5 of 5