Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contract

Kerry23
Level 1: Joiner
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hello I have just swapped my sim over as my ex was using the phone, he is now threatening to go to the police and a solicitor for loss of earnings, the contract is in my name and I pay it. Can he do anything?
Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143423 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Kerry23 wrote:
I ordered a new sim and o2 activated the new one, he still has the handset however now I can use what I am paying for.

If you want to go further, report the phone stolen and o2 will block it so he'll have to buy a new phone as well as a new sim card tongue

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-and-Services/Lost-or-Stolen-O2-Device-How-to-Report-it/...

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 11 of 22

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:

@Kerry23 wrote:
I ordered a new sim and o2 activated the new one, he still has the handset however now I can use what I am paying for.

If you want to go further, report the phone stolen and o2 will block it so he'll have to buy a new phone as well as a new sim card tongue

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-and-Services/Lost-or-Stolen-O2-Device-How-to-Report-it/...

That's exactly what I would do....serve him right....innocent

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 12 of 22

MI5
  • 143423 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Indeed wink
and as you will be the only person who can unblock it too, you may find that you get it back so you can either use it or sell it to recoup some of your costs......
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 13 of 22

Kerry23
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hahaha thanks, he got a shock when he couldnt use it, thats when the threats started today saying he was going to the police and seeing his solicitor for loss of earnings due to the phone going off 😊
Message 14 of 22

MI5
  • 143423 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
So what's he going to tell them?
A phone that isn't his, that he doesn't pay for, isn't working?
They'll just laugh at him..... tongue

Currently using:
Message 15 of 22

jonsie
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 16 of 22

MI5
  • 143423 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
The online form from the help link might be preferable to calling from the same sim associated with the phone though.
You will be sent another new sim too as the one you have will also be blocked along with the phone.
You can ask for just the phone to be blocked but I wouldn't fully trust them to get that right!

Currently using:
Message 17 of 22

Kerry23
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Ok thank you, been a huge help, and relief
Message 18 of 22

MI5
  • 143423 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Best wishes Kerry.

Currently using:
Message 19 of 22

jonsie
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions