cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contract

Anonymous
Not applicable
I would like to ask why a 12 month contract is actually 13 months as u are not able to put your notice in within the last 30 of your contract if you have a device plan this extends your contract with o2 which surely breaches contract forcing a customer to stay an extra month
Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143406 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Not at all.
You can leave at anytime and once you port your number your account closes and O2 will bill you the full amount owing.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
  • 143406 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Not at all.
You can leave at anytime and once you port your number your account closes and O2 will bill you the full amount owing.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 4

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous Every customer should know the date their contract ends. therefore 30 days notice of leaving is required. If dont give notice a contract will keep rolling on...Info here https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/How-To-Cancelling-Your-Contract-A-Guide/m-p/566774/highlight/true#M56526

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 4

jonsie
  • 92913 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

It's all straight forward and absolutely no need to pay an extra month at all. You should know all the ins and outs when you take out a contract. Having a device plan means you are on a Refresh contract meaning you would be on a two year contract initially. 

Message 4 of 4