Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contract terminated

Monikanocna
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi. Someone who I know has a problem with O2. He was confused with his bill and he didn't pay his bill for device plan for 4 months I think. Now O2 terminated contract. I know he was payed arrears now. Question is can o2 reverse termination and back contact for monthly payments. He was on the phone with customer service but few people from the service hang up call. 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149000 Posts
  • 640 Topics
  • 28448 Solutions

@Monikanocna 

You can get in touch with Payment Management team on 0800 902 0217

Payment Management opening hours:

Monday to Friday – 8am to 8pm

Saturday – 8am to 6pm

Sunday – 9am to 6pm

Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 6

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 11416 Posts
  • 63 Topics
  • 3155 Solutions

@Monikanocna 

If it has gone to 4 months in arrears it will probably have gone to Debt Collection with a Debt Collection Agency, so look for a letter from them, and they will want the arrears cleared and you will need to pay a reconnection fee, but there are no guarantees..  and I would say the chance is negligible..

As has been said contact Payment Management and see what they have to say but don't hold your hopes..... 

--
iPhone 15 Pro Max - o2 and Spusu
Xperia 1V - Spusu

--
This is not customer services and we dont have access to your account
I do not work for o2 or any VMo2 /Telefonica/Liberty Global Company
Message 3 of 6

MI5
  • 149000 Posts
  • 640 Topics
  • 28448 Solutions

Who were the arrears paid to @Monikanocna as this will determine the outcome to your question?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 4 of 6

Oxonian
Level 33: Firestarter
  • 9084 Posts
  • 207 Topics
  • 26 Solutions

@madasaf1sh wrote:

@Monikanocna 

If it has gone to 4 months in arrears it will probably have gone to Debt Collection with a Debt Collection Agency, so look for a letter from them, and they will want the arrears cleared and you will need to pay a reconnection fee, but there are no guarantees..  and I would say the chance is negligible..

As has been said contact Payment Management and see what they have to say but don't hold your hopes..... 

@Monikanocna 

To added to @madasaf1sh's thoughts above, the other problem is the impact on the credit score of the contract-holder. O2 will almost certainly have reported this default to the credit reference agencies :-

Credit | ICO

https://ico.org.uk/for-the-public/credit/

Message 5 of 6

MI5
  • 149000 Posts
  • 640 Topics
  • 28448 Solutions

Yet the question hasn't been answered yet so currently just speculation.

Message 6 of 6