Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Highlighted
Anonymous

Contract settings gone mad?

I requested that my £20 a month contract with a few 100 txts and minutes should include free web browsing (it used to cost a max of £1 per day)

The sales rep I spoke to on Tuesday said for the same price I can get 600 minutes and 600 texts a month plus free web browsing (gprs and 3g).

I got a text on Wednesday morning to say the changes to the contract have come into effect. But I can't connect to 3G at all on any phones, I can only get GPRS, I've spent hours trying different APN settings and concluded it must be something on O2's end.

Also if I log into MyCarPhoneWarehouse website and check my account it says the following:

75 inclusive minutes: 54 remaining
600 inclusive texts: 462 remaining
50 texts: 50 remaining
600 texts: 600 remaining
Unbilled charges: £0.28

I'm 99% sure that the 75 inclusive minutes and 50 texts were my old contract. But now I have 2 x 600 texts, 1200 texts a month! lol, and no 3G.

Maaaaadness and rather annoying
Highlighted
Anonymous

The settings are the same for GPRS, 3G and HSDPA. So if you are not getting 3G it means that either. You are not in a 3G area; your handset is set to 2G only, your SIM is not a 3G SIM.
If your SIM doesn't have 3G written on it then call O2 and ask them to send you one. If your phone is set to 2G then set it to either Dual or 3G.
Highlighted
Anonymous

Also the 75 Mins and 50 texts are probs a portion of your new tariff, I recently changed mine and was told that the day before my bill date I will only get a portion of my new tariff, then on my bill date I will get my new allowances!!

So just keep check on it as you don't wanna go to mad and be billed!!

Well I don't anyways!!

Hope this helps,

Peps
Highlighted
Anonymous

Thanks for the replies, it looks like I indeed have an old sim that isn't 3G capable, as Dellboy would say Rodney you plonker!

Also since posting my online account details have changed to 600mins and 600 texts, does 02 monitor these forums?

They are going to post out a new sim free of charge, thanks CPW!
Highlighted
Anonymous

Also since posting my online account details have changed to 600mins and 600 texts, does 02 monitor these forums?

I think they do Mate,

Was it a 30 day Simplicity deal you got?
Highlighted
Anonymous

To be honest I didn't ask the name of the contract, I was told its a rolling contract (with no handset) with 600mins/texts and unlimited web browsing for £20 a month. If it really is unlimited 3g (or fair usage as they say) then I'm very happy with that price! Does that sound like its a simplicity deal to you?
Highlighted
Anonymous

To be honest I didn't ask the name of the contract, I was told its a rolling contract (with no handset) with 600mins/texts and unlimited web browsing for £20 a month. If it really is unlimited 3g (or fair usage as they say) then I'm very happy with that price! Does that sound like its a simplicity deal to you?

There is two types of Simplicity Mate,

12 months,

And 30 day rolling contract (you can cancel at a months notice)

Only reason I was asking is this,

When you get it through O2, they usually double your texts if it is done online,

Also they are offering the Simplicity tariff with

700 mins
1400 texts
Unlimited Web

£20 a month rolling contract,

This is only on offer till January the 31ST though!!

I was getting,

600 mins
1200 texts
Unlimited web

£20 a month rolling contract

Contacted em and they moved me onto the "Offer"

I just thought I may as well have it for the same money,

The question is this though??

As your going through the CPW I don't know if this would apply to you?

Just thought I'd mention it Mate

Hope this helps

Peps