Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contract phone

Loulou89
Level 1: Joiner
  • 14 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

An ex of mine had a huawei phone which has about £400 left of the device to pay. He has been paying it but had took the phone to a cex place and I didn’t think you could do this as it’s still got contract owing. He now has a basic phone. I know I can’t report this as yes it’s in my name but they will see it as I have given it him so that’s no good. After the device payment gets cleared how do I stop paying for the airtime as I don’t want to carry on doing this? 

Louise
Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10143 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3004 Solutions

@Loulou89 

Sorry to hear this... 

Once the device is paid off, then call customer services and ask them to terminate the airtime there and then... I have done this in the past and it is dead within an hour. 

Customer Services can be contacted on 202 or 0344 809 0202 

Good Luck....  And technically you could report it as stolen unless he can prove you gave it to him, but probably not worth the hassle and grief 

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122800 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@Loulou89  just cancel the contract Guide: Cancelling Your Contract 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 4

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10143 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3004 Solutions

@Loulou89 

Sorry to hear this... 

Once the device is paid off, then call customer services and ask them to terminate the airtime there and then... I have done this in the past and it is dead within an hour. 

Customer Services can be contacted on 202 or 0344 809 0202 

Good Luck....  And technically you could report it as stolen unless he can prove you gave it to him, but probably not worth the hassle and grief 

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 3 of 4

Skyhawk1010
  • 150 Posts
  • 18 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

That's awful. 

I'd be inclined to report it to the police as stolen,  get a crime ref then report it to CeX .

If you can establish that it is in fact your handset via the box or copy of your contact with the IMEI Number displayed there's a good chance you can get it back.

CeX will instantly apply a life ban to the culprit and may well instigate a prosecution for fraud.

They take reasonable measures such as needing ID and also 'CheckMend' test every phone offered to them, but even they can't guarantee the odd rogue one won't get through. 

Message 4 of 4