cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contract phone for my child

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Set up a contract phone for my daughter this year linked to my account, she previously had a pay as you go and it was working out quite expensive. I thought this might have been the answer. However, with her new iphone came all the apps and now she gets through the monthly data in days. I'm going to change her contract to increase the data allowance but I can't afford to do a major increase – 500mb to 3gb is only £3 more a month. No problem.

But, here my question. With the rate she gets through it even 3gb will not last the month. And, I can't imagine it will be very long until she works out how easy it is to do a bolt-on of data. This scares me some what as she could do this again and again and again, and at £10 for 1gb if she does that every day or so is one BIG bill! Is there a way that I do the bolt-on for her or simply stop bolt-ons from being done on her phone?

Thank you in advance.
Best wishes.

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
You will need to call customer service and ask them to put a block on anyone adding bolt ons.
Does your daughter not have access to wifi?
It sounds like a good time to learn a lesson in data management.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
You will need to call customer service and ask them to put a block on anyone adding bolt ons.
Does your daughter not have access to wifi?
It sounds like a good time to learn a lesson in data management.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 3

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous, wanted to check how you're getting on with your daughter's phone? slight_smile Is it all good? Let us know if you have additional questions.

Thanks @MI5! slight_smile

Message 3 of 3