Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contract ended with Carphone Warehouse

Frankie1961
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I got an e mail from o2 telling me my contract with Carphone W/H is finished but I will still be charged the same monthly rate, why is that and Can I change to a o2 sim only
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Frankie1961
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I can’t contact o2 due to staffing shortages
Message 2 of 8

jonsie
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

Your contract will stay exactly the same evn though CPW are no longer associated with O2

You paid O2 before and will still do so

You can go to sim only when your contract is finished

You don't have a Refresh contract so you are committed to the full term of the contract

You need to go to sim only once your minimum term is finished as you will be paying over the odds for the phone

Message 3 of 8

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122915 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

These are the Sim Only contracts available @Frankie1961 

https://www.o2.co.uk/shop/sim-cards/sim-only-deals#deviceType=phone&contractLength=P12M 

If you choose UPGRADE to sim only , your number will remain the same and your new tariff will start immediately.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 8

Frankie1961
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
This is a nightmare, i contacted o2 via Twitter, they tell me I took out a new contract not an upgrade, so in effect I will be paying for my original contract ( £48pm ) plus £15 pm for my new sim which they sent me over a week ago but has still not arrived. I don’t want a new contract I just want to upgrade from £48pm to a £15 pm sim. Iv rang several times but never get to speak to anyone so I went back to Twitter and DM d them , they tell me Iv 2 accounts then I tell them the above and I get no replies at all, help!!! I’m not working I can’t afford to pay 2 accounts
Message 5 of 8

Cleoriff
  • 122915 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

@Frankie1961 

You need to call O2. All numbers in this guide. Use any or all of them. Press ANY option even fraud.

Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 8

Frankie1961
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thank you and believe me I will try again tomorrow, i just can’t get a person on the line.
Message 7 of 8

jonsie
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

Customer service need to migrate the old number to the new contract which will end the original.

If you are keeping the new number they will have to cancel the old contract

But the way it's been done is that there will be fees to pay on the old contract

It may be best to cancel the second contract under the change of mind period and then upgrade

Some how the upgrade has been done incorrectly.

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/phones-sims-and-devices/our-returns-policy

Message 8 of 8