cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contract ended- still being charged

Anonymous
Not applicable

Help! my contract ended and i unlocked my device. i relocated abroad so definitely don't need a UK phone anymore. However O2 are still issuing invoices and billing me monthly! Don't know how to stop them- my contract has ended, i havent authorised any further payments! their website is so unhelpful and there is never an advisor available.

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12067 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions
Did you tell o2 to end your contract?
If not then it turns into a rolling one, so it will carry on.
Follow the guidance on the link below:
https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Cancelling-Your-Contract-A-Guide/m-p/566774/hig...

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

gmarkj
  • 12067 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions
Did you tell o2 to end your contract?
If not then it turns into a rolling one, so it will carry on.
Follow the guidance on the link below:
https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Cancelling-Your-Contract-A-Guide/m-p/566774/hig...

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Message 2 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

I went in store and told them of my relocation. They told me to unlock my device during my contract or end of contract. i unlocked my device shortly before end of contract and paid the full outstanding amount. I was never told to cancel with 02 aswell. The thread doesnt help me. Can i have an email address? i can't send a recorded letter to cancel a contract that has already ended! i am in new zealand and not paying for recorded delivery!!! pain free?!

Message 3 of 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144293 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
You can call for free from your o2 phone
http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 6

gmarkj
  • 12067 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

I went in store and told them of my relocation. They told me to unlock my device during my contract or end of contract. i unlocked my device shortly before end of contract and paid the full outstanding amount. I was never told to cancel with 02 aswell. The thread doesnt help me. Can i have an email address? i can't send a recorded letter to cancel a contract that has already ended! i am in new zealand and not paying for recorded delivery!!! pain free?!

The contract hasn't ended which is why you are still being billed.

If you have the SIM card calling the o2 customer services will be free on +44 3448090202.

Best time to call is between 8am and 8:30am UK time.

The only email address we know of is for complaints (on this page http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain).

Message 5 of 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144293 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

i can't send a recorded letter to cancel a contract that has already ended! 

It hasn't ended though....

It doesn't end automatically, that's not how mobile contracts work.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 6