cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contract end date in My O2 different to what O2 tell me on phone.

Anonymous
Not applicable
On My O2 it says this:

“£0 left to pay on your existing contract

Upgrade to O2 Refresh today and we’ll pay off the rest of your existing contract for you. Otherwise you’ll finish paying it off through your monthly payments, on 14 December 2017”

I thought that’s when my contract was finished but when I rang to get a PAC I was told my contract ended on 14th January.

I’m confused. Can anyone enlighten me as to why the two dates are different. I know I got my phone Inn december 2 years ago!

Thanks
Tracey
Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
It's because you need to give 30 days notice.
If you wanted to end it on 14/12 you should have called 14/11 to cancel.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

MI5
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
It's because you need to give 30 days notice.
If you wanted to end it on 14/12 you should have called 14/11 to cancel.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 8

MI5
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
but, you can still get your PAC now if you want to and when you use it, your final O2 bill will be generated automatically, so don't cancel your direct debit until it's paid.

Currently using:
Message 3 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you. The lady on the other end of the phone wouldn’t give me a PAC code. I asked twice but she told me my contract didn’t end until 14th January. So if I call in the morning and get a PAC and use it straight away, will it automatically finish my contract?
Message 4 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Her name was Diane
Message 5 of 8

MI5
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Thank you. The lady on the other end of the phone wouldn’t give me a PAC code. I asked twice but she told me my contract didn’t end until 14th January. So if I call in the morning and get a PAC and use it straight away, will it automatically finish my contract?

Yes, as soon as your new network ports in your number, your O2 contract will end.

You cannot be refused a PAC either.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for your help. I’m on it tomorrow!
Message 7 of 8

MI5
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
Let us know how it goes please slight_smile

Currently using:
Message 8 of 8