cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contract confusion with O2

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

A little advice if I may. I Started an O2 Contract on 29/4/13 over 24 months. So a few questions:-

1) What date will the final bill be dated (My current Bill date is 1st of the month, Bill payed 15th month)

2) When will my final payment be due. By my reckoning 15/4/15 as that represents 24months

Any help greatfully received. What is confusing me is that 02 say I can up upgrade early and my contract ends 29/3/15. I wish to go SIM only but do not want two contracts running in parallel

Thanks in anticipation.

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Call CS on 202 and tell them you wish to switch to SIMO.
They will process your account to changeover at renewal time and give you a date for this (tell them you want it doing asap). You will only have one account running if you do it this way.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Cleoriff
  • 122363 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous 

Welcome to the forum. I recently ended my 24month contract and went sim only in January 2015

I actually waited till the end of contract. I didn't upgrade early.

My final bill was generated on the 23rd January. I rang customer services and changed to sim only on that date

My February bill was purely sim only price.

If you wish to upgrade a month early you will find the amount you have to pay in MyO2 to end that contract. (you wont have two contracts running)

http://www.o2.co.uk/myo2

Just to say everything went very smoothly for me so I hope that reassures you somewhat?. :smileywink:.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 6

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

You can "upgrade" to a sim only deal on either a one or 12 month deal, you will keep your number and only have one account.

You can do this in MyO2.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 3 of 6

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Call CS on 202 and tell them you wish to switch to SIMO.
They will process your account to changeover at renewal time and give you a date for this (tell them you want it doing asap). You will only have one account running if you do it this way.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
Many thanks for the info.
Message 5 of 6

Cleoriff
  • 122363 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Many thanks for the info.

No problem. I hope it all goes well, when it happens.:smileywink: