Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Highlighted
Anonymous

Contract Transer of ownership

I currently have a 2 year contract which does not expire until Dec 2011.

Although this contract is in my name, my partner uses it for business purposes, and it is now very important that we keep this number attached to his business.

My dilemma is that we need the contract to be either in his name, or in the business name so that it can be accounted for within his books.

Unfortunately, for the first time is several years of being with o2, I have found the customer service to be unhelpful, and they advise that there is absolutely nothing they can do for me !!!

Surely there must be people in similar situations, whether it be for business reasons, or purely personal that they need the contract transferred???

I understand that the contract was issued on a credit search in my name, but we are more than happy to have a new credit search done in his name, and pay for any admin fee this transfer may incur.

We would also be willing to renegotiate the contract and/or move it to a business contract, but again o2 have advised that there is nothing that can be done.

The only option they have given me is to wait until the expiration date of this contract(Dec 2011) and then they could look at transferring it into a business contract.

To rub salt into the wound though, if you browse the ORANGE website, they do offer this facility (a little more with the times and obviously understanding that some customers do need to do this for whatever reason!!)

I am more than a little disappointed with o2 at there sheer unwillingness to help, especially as I have been a loyal customer for years (the phone number in question was even in my partners name years previously as a pay and go contract, so they would have all his details anyway !!)

If anyone knows a way in which I could get them to look at a way to resolve this dilemma, I would be really grateful.
Highlighted
Topics: 247
Solutions: 1,614

I am fairly certain that although you can't vary the contract, you can change the payment direct debit into his name.

He will then have it showing on his statements.

O2 will arrange for your online invoices to show Vat if you ask for that.

He would then be renting it from you at cost.

I've done worse with tax returns and Vat and it shouldn't cause you any problem.
To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Highlighted
Anonymous

The majority of utility providers don't allow you to change the name on a contract. Additionally you have a consumer account, not a business one, so o2 will just dismiss the 'I use this for business' argument as it's not really valid.

In addition to what Perksie has already mentioned you can also amend the account address so that the first line is the business name.
Highlighted
Anonymous

You can do a transfer of ownership of contract to a business package if it is going into your business name so long as it doesn't go against any of the business rules such as changing tariff term or going down a tariff within 9 months. So long as these rules are met then you can request a transfer of ownership pack, this will be sent out, send it back and a credit check will be done on the business, all being well it will migrate over.
Highlighted
Anonymous

You can do a transfer of ownership of contract to a business package if it is going into your business name so long as it doesn't go against any of the business rules such as changing tariff term or going down a tariff within 9 months. So long as these rules are met then you can request a transfer of ownership pack, this will be sent out, send it back and a credit check will be done on the business, all being well it will migrate over.

My queen of knowledge is back! Now we are rolling!
Highlighted

Definitive answer from 'er wha' knows!

Been away 'ave we Wanty?

You've been missed!
To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Highlighted
Anonymous

I have had a transfer to business on two out of 5 of my accounts on O2.

What you need to do is call up O2 CONSUMER Customer Services. Tell them that you wish to move to the business team. If you wish to move the name of the account to a BUSINESS name, you'll need a transfer of ownership pack sent out. But, the far simpler way to do things is to put it under a different name.
If they say that they have to send you out a pack, hang up and call another adviser up. They will take your details, and within 3-4 days you will receive a text or phone call saying you're moved over to a business account. Note, you'll need to see the list of business tariffs on the O2 website when you call up, as they'll ask you what tariff you want to move to.

This request will then be emailed off to the business back-office team. They aren't reachable by phone. Although the business customer service team via email (o2referrals@o2mail.co.uk) are extremely helpful in any queries you may have.

Every O2 customer gets free O2 to O2 calls and unlimited free calls to 10 landlines.

Hope this helps. Good luck.
Highlighted
Anonymous

Been away 'ave we Wanty?
You've been missed!

Just been busy in that place called "real life" Pah! Smiley Very Happy
Highlighted

Not good enough I'm afraid.

Wanty's Corner looks like a bomb's hit it.

No-one wants to do any clearing up, I've told them Wanty's going to go mad when she sees it!

I've taken two trips to the bottle bank with empties.

I've had to advertise for scrubbers to do the floor, there are unknown people sleeping all over the place, the landlord's threatening to throw us all out!

Help!

Apart from that we're all happy, so how are you? Smiley Very Happy Smiley Very Happy

Highlighted
Topics: 573
Solutions: 3,844

Been away 'ave we Wanty?
You've been missed!

Just been busy in that place called "real life" Pah! Smiley Very Happy

Great your back, Wanty. Might get some sense out of AF now (he does discuss things with you doesn't he?) Smiley Wink