cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contract Query

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all. I am curently on an O2 Refresh contract and am considering paying off my device plan in full. The original contract expiration date isn't until August 2022. I just want to check, if I pay off my device plan in full, do I still have to pay the airtime plan until August 2022 before I can change? I would like to change to a SIM only deal instead of a phone and airtime plan and trying to find out the simplest way of doing this. The current 100GB for £10 for 6 months then £20 thereafter is exactly what I need and would like to switch to that if possible.

Thanks for any advice you can give. slight_smile

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122361 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Anonymous 

No you don't have to continue with the airtime. Pay your device off in full, then UPGRADE to a sim only plan. This will effectively cancel your airtime.

Guide: Cancelling Your Contract 

Guide: How does O2 Refresh work? 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122361 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Anonymous 

No you don't have to continue with the airtime. Pay your device off in full, then UPGRADE to a sim only plan. This will effectively cancel your airtime.

Guide: Cancelling Your Contract 

Guide: How does O2 Refresh work? 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
Great, thanks. I can see that I can upgrade on the website and pay the balance off now and "upgrade" at the same time. Will they have to send out a new SIM to me or as I'm already a Pay Monthly customer, will it just switch automatically?
Message 3 of 5

O2Karl
  • 285 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 24 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous 

I will answer the secend question for you.  You will not be sent a new sim card unless you request it via the online upgrade process so it will change automatically. I would recommend checking your MYO2 App once the upgrade is complete so see if the Sim only tariff is active. 

Hope this helps. 

signature
Message 4 of 5

Cleoriff
  • 122361 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Great, thanks. I can see that I can upgrade on the website and pay the balance off now and "upgrade" at the same time. Will they have to send out a new SIM to me or as I'm already a Pay Monthly customer, will it just switch automatically?

Sorry I'm late back to your query @Anonymous. You can continue with your old sim as all changes are made to the account not the sim.

However, if your phone is 5G capable and you are in a 5G area, then you can request a new 5G sim and do a sim swap Guide: Sim Swap: a mini guide 2017 update 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 5