cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contract Number swap

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi -

I have two O2 numbers on Different SIMS.

I have a cherished number on contract with 12 months to run. (My main Phone iPhone 5S).

Other number is on PAYGO Monthly SIM. (Wifes iPhone 4S)

I want to transfer my Cherished Contract number out to a new contract with EE for the iPhone 6 - And crucialy - the 4G Coverage in my area.

Then - Transfer wifes PAYGO number into the existing 5S Contract - and let her have the iPhone 5S with the current contract and tariff etc..

Hope this makes sense - if so - is it do-able?

Any ideas

Martin

Message 1 of 11
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143416 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
No sorry. Once you move a contract number it ends the account immediately.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

MI5
  • 143416 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
No sorry. Once you move a contract number it ends the account immediately.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

Another option : CHANGE OWNERSHIP.

O2 can transfer your number onto a third parties account, but the third party would need to set up a contract in their own name first.

You and the third party would then need to speak with our retention team to arrange the transfer. Once your number has transferred, your account will be disconnected.

If you do this before the end of your contract, you’ll be charged for the remaining months of your contract on your final bill.

Pac help http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Discussions-Feedback/Obtaining-a-PAC-Code-from-the-O2-Network/m-p/54427...
Message 3 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

Many thanks to all - for a quick and informative response.

Just looking to get 4g and happy to stay with O2 - but their 4G Roll out is a mess with no plans or dates for any region.

Thanks again

Message 4 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

Your welcome.

Yes O2 don't supply 4G rollout timescales 😞
Message 5 of 11

MI5
  • 143416 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Everyone is, quite rightly, asking for 4G rollout updates, but O2 aren't listening for some reason 😞

Currently using:
Message 6 of 11

jonsie
  • 92913 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

AN extract from O2 "Customer Code of Practice"  :-

"

We’ll never deliberately not mention important information"    -  that appears under the heading "We will always do these things"  and subheading  "When you are with O2 we'll tell you..."

I would have thought the roll out of such an improvement as 4G provision  would qualify and therefore O2 is in breach of its Code of Practice by withholding the information?  But hey, what do I know?

[Perhaps O2 would hide behind a general response along the lines of "we are doing this over the next decade or two" as being in tune with the Code of Practice".]

Gerry

Message 8 of 11

anticpated
Level 30: Meditator
  • 3412 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions

Essentially we okayed all of that when we signed our contracts.

Samsung Galaxy S10, Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Message 9 of 11

jonsie
  • 92913 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions