cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contract Ending

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi my contract is due to end in September and I dont want to renew or upgrade or change providers I just want to end the contract on its due end date as im currently living abroad and havent used it in 6 months ive just been waiting for it to come to an end. Do I need to give any sort of notice to cancel or do I just stop the payments after my last bill and leave it at that? Thanks slight_smile

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 125816 Posts
  • 829 Topics
  • 7549 Solutions
Message 2 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Cleoriff
  • 125816 Posts
  • 829 Topics
  • 7549 Solutions

Hi @AnonymousWelcome to the forum. All the info you need is in this guide https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/How-To-Cancelling-Your-Contract-A-Guide/m-p/566774/highlight/true#M56526

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 7

MI5
  • 149128 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28467 Solutions
Your contract continues on a rolling monthly basis once the minimum term is fulfilled unless you tell o2 you wish to cancel.
Just by stopping payment won't cancel it and o2 will send the debt collectors after you.
As you won't be transferring your number to another network I suggest you check carefully and follow up on your request to cancel as it's not unknown for contracts to continue when believed to be closed.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 3 of 7

jonsie
  • 93942 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7017 Solutions
As long as you are living abroad I don't think you need to worry about debt collectors.
However, you need to close the account correctly should you ever be thinking of returning to the UK.
You do seem to be a sensible person though 😉
Message 4 of 7

MI5
  • 149128 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28467 Solutions
Obviously if there is no intention to return to uk just give notice on the contract and cancel th DD.
For anyone else reading this who thinks that is sufficient and staying a uk resident I suggest my advice on checking as above is relevant.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 5 of 7

jonsie
  • 93942 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7017 Solutions

MercedesS
Former Staff
  • 1192 Posts
  • 17 Topics
  • 18 Solutions

Hello @Anonymous, welcome to the O2 community!

@Cleoriff shared our community how-to guide that explains how to cancel properly as all of them suggested Thanks!

By reading O2 help pages here "If you cancel before your contract ends, we'll need 30 days’ notice and you might be charged." So follow their advice to avoid future problems Wave

Thanks, @jonsie@MI5 and @Cleoriff for the help! 

Get involved! If a post answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution”.If you are new to the community, please read How to use the community
Message 7 of 7