Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contract Cancellation

Marphie
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
My current device and plan was set up through Carphone Warehouse.
I am nearing the end of my contract and looked at upgrading early. They gave me the upgrade fee but you can’t get the same deal on upgrade that I was looking at.
They said I should phone o2 and ask for a settlement fee.
I spoke to two different people and there was a lot of confusion so I’m not sure what’s what anymore.
First I was told the phone would stop working instantly and that I would lose my number but could get it back.
Then I was told the phone would stop working after 30 days but couldn’t get my number back.
Does anyone know which it is?
Secondly... I was given a different amount to cancel the contract even though I was told airtime was free to cancel. But my bill is due in 16 days and I was told I would have to pay the settlement fee and the normal bill.
Is that correct? I feel like I’m then paying for the same thing twice...
Any help would be great.
Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143448 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Marphie 

All help on cancelling here Guide: Cancelling Your Contract 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

MI5
  • 143448 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Marphie 

All help on cancelling here Guide: Cancelling Your Contract 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 8

Marphie
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thanks I had read through that thread but I’d just wanted to confirm. Getting two completely opposite stories from 2 different people at o2 left me worried and unsure.

So to confirm if anyone wouldn’t mind please...

1 - with the phone number. Can I use a pac code even if moving from one o2 contract to another o2 contract?

2 - billing. Will I pay my cancellation fee and then ALSO have to pay my normal bill on top next month?
Message 3 of 8

MI5
  • 143448 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Marphie 

1. You do not use a PAC to move between O2 contracts. Just ask cust service to migrate your number.

2. It will depend when your bill is due if you pay your monthly bill plus cancellation fee or not.

If you have recently paid your bill, there will just be the final bill to pay, but if your bill has been generated already, it will be added to the final bill.

But, your current contract needs to be running to migrate your number, so you need to get the new contract first, then migrate your number, or you will lose it.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 8

Marphie
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thank you so much.
So set up the new one at Carphone warehouse. Phone and ask to migrate my number. Then cancel contract.
My bill actually came out today and will generate on the 18th of this month.
Message 5 of 8

MI5
  • 143448 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

Yes @Marphie 

Your original contract will end automatically when you move the number and the final bill will be generated.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 8

Marphie
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thank you so much for taking the time to explain it all.
I guess I’m just a bit worried about the final bill but hopefully it won’t be what they said when I’ve just paid a bill today.
Message 7 of 8

MI5
  • 143448 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Marphie 

Once you have paid and it has been acknowledged by O2, just text INFO to 85075 to get details on any early termination fees that may be payable.

That will be your final bill payable to close the contract.

Currently using:
Message 8 of 8