Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Anonymous

Contract Activation Time

On Saturday I bought an iPhone 3G from O2 and have been waiting for the contract to activate. At the moment I get "no service", which is what I expect as the sales assistant said that it would take up to 48 hours to activate. So I'm expecting it to be ready within in the next 3 hours.

I'm getting my old O2 number transposed to the new contract SIM, and I'm wondering if using the old SIM, which I did on Saturday and Sunday so that I actually had a phone, will delay the transfer at all.

Additionally, do I have to have this SIM card out of the phone in order for O2 to finish activating the contract?

Cheers

-Dru
Topics: 580
Solutions: 4,299

Contract Activation Time

Using your old sim card won't delay the change. Leave the new sim card in the phone for the change to take place and switch on/off at various times.You will see a time when the sim is showing as active.You will then need to activate through iTunes.
Anonymous

Contract Activation Time

They already activated the phone at the O2 store with me, but I'll put my old SIM in my old phone and my new SIM in my new phone and just wait for it to switch over.

Cheers matey.
Anonymous

Contract Activation Time

Haha, I knew this would happen. No sooner do I inquire and get some help, it's all activated \o/
Topics: 580
Solutions: 4,299