cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contacting Support.

Anonymous
Not applicable

So, when I brought my phone I got a higher contract on the understadning that I could change it to pay less (but still enough to cover cost of the phone) at anytime. Plus, I was told that I could get an upgrade after 1 year. 

I have spoken to people to no avail and have emailed to complain but, again, to no avail.

I am lead to believe that when provided information by the person selling me the phone that their information is correct. 

My circumstance are now changing and need a resolution but O2 make it difficult to get in contact.

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

So, when I brought my phone I got a higher contract on the understadning that I could change it to pay less (but still enough to cover cost of the phone) at anytime. Plus, I was told that I could get an upgrade after 1 year. 

I have spoken to people to no avail and have emailed to complain but, again, to no avail.

I am lead to believe that when provided information by the person selling me the phone that their information is correct. 

My circumstance are now changing and need a resolution but O2 make it difficult to get in contact.

Hi,

Have you looked over your contract or the t&c to see what is available to you regarding upgrades etc.

If you contact 02's Customer Services on 202 from your mobile they will be able to confirm what choices are open to you.

Why did you choose a higher Contract if this was not suitable for you.

When did you take out the contract ?

If you took your current contract out with O2 before March 2012, and you are more than halfway through your minimum term i.e 12 months into a 24 months contract you can lower.

If you took it after March 2012 then unfortunately you are unable to lower your contract at all until your minimum term finishes, or until your upgrade date is due.

The reason for this is that all new tariffs O2 offered from March 2012 onwards came with the added 'term and condition' that you cannot lower your tariff at all until your minimum term expires.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi,

Have you looked over your contract or the t&c to see what is available to you regarding upgrades etc.

If you contact 02's Customer Services on 202 from your mobile they will be able to confirm what choices are open to you.

Why did you choose a higher Contract if this was not suitable for you.

When did you take out the contract ?

If you took your current contract out with O2 before March 2012, and you are more than halfway through your minimum term i.e 12 months into a 24 months contract you can lower.

If you took it after March 2012 then unfortunately you are unable to lower your contract at all until your minimum term finishes, or until your upgrade date is due.

The reason for this is that all new tariffs O2 offered from March 2012 onwards came with the added 'term and condition' that you cannot lower your tariff at all until your minimum term expires.

Message 2 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

Well then I got miss sold my contract, I was aware that my circumstances were changing and asked the lady who sold me contract (it was not my first choice but she said it was better) if it could be lowered after a year to which she relied yes. Now push has come to shove and I realize I was lied too. 

Message 3 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry it was actually febuary that i took it out.

Message 4 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
Unfortunately it's going to be near impossible to prove what was said verbally.

Learning curve for anybody finding this thread is to insist the employee writes things like this in the contract , dates and signs it and prints their name.
Message 5 of 5