cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Constant connection problems North London - not getting fixed, what are my options?

Anonymous
Not applicable

My partner has been having poor connection in our house for well over a month. About a month ago, I checked service status, said a mast was not working near us (N22). I assumed it was a known fault and would be repaired soon. Few days later same issue. Eventually got around to complaining by web chat on 1 August. Service agent said yes can see a mast is down but would be repaired by 4 August. I asked why had it taken close on a month for it to be fixed, but she claimed it had only been reported not working the day before, despite me having checked service status numerous times over the past few weeks. Was away for a few days, checked when back and mast reported working. Phoned partner today and dropped call. Now have checked service status and mast not working again. Online chat service agent says no idea yet when it will be repaired.

To say we are fed up with O2 is an understatement. My partner works as a freelancer and need to be contactable at all times. So my question is this, at what point can we cancel the contract and move to another network (given I have personal and work phones on EE and Three and have no issues). And how do I make a formal complaint?

Message 1 of 21
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

I'm sorry to hear of your experiences.

It's known that even tho masts are showing as good some are experiencing mast congestion which is something you can't resolve. 😞

However look here just incase it helps In anyway.

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Self-help-guide-Is-the-network-down-for-me-or-ev...

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 21
20 REPLIES 20

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

I'm sorry to hear of your experiences.

It's known that even tho masts are showing as good some are experiencing mast congestion which is something you can't resolve. 😞

However look here just incase it helps In anyway.

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Self-help-guide-Is-the-network-down-for-me-or-ev...
Message 2 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable
To add here is the complaint link http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain/complain
Message 3 of 21

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92919 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Follow the link here : Complaint? How to Make One

You have to go through this process before trying to leave your contract without penalty.

Message 4 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable
How to cancel a contract http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Cancelling-Your-Contract-A-Guide/m-p/566774/high...

PAC code to take Your mobile number with you http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Discussions-Feedback/Obtaining-a-PAC-Code-from-the-O2-Network/m-p/54427...

If
On Refresh you can pay off Your handset plan and request to cancel.

If
I'm an older tariff you would need to pay off the remaining months of the contract minus any bolt ons.
Message 5 of 21

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

The status checker for N22 isn't showing a problem at the moment. If you put your full postcode in it's possible that your local mast might have a problem. Even if it did, your criteria for cancelling your contract early wouldn't hold much water. As you said in your post that the poor connection was 'in our house', you'd have to refer to O2's Terms and Conditions, a part of which states:

'The Services are not fault free and speed and quality, for example, can be affected by things like the thickness of the walls of the building you're in, atmospheric conditions, technical issues with the Network and the number of people near you trying to access the Services at the same time.'

No network will guarantee a fault free service.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 6 of 21

aldaweb
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 1722 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

If you have phones on other networks that are not experiencing issues and need to be in constantly contactable, then why not just forward all calls to one of those other phones whilst in that area, at least until the issues with your local masts are sorted out. Not a solution, I know, but at least a workaround.

iPhone 14 Pro (O2 ), S23U (EE), iPad Pro LTE (EE), .

Reviews: iPhone-X-first-impressions ¦ Blackberry Classic ¦ Blackberry Z30 ¦ Nokia Lumia 1020 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Part 1 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Pt. 2
Message 7 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable

after a number of years of providing pretty good phone service and improving customer service suddenly decided it was OK to tell me "tough luck that you moved to an area where we have problems with our signal mast" and "you did not take out your contract with us at your new place so we are not legally obliged to provide the same service there" - basically we had no phone and text service in our new home and O2 were not able to fix the problem, admitted that and then were not prepared to waive the early disconnection from a contract fee!! Will be making a complaint about both unreasonable service and terrible attitude towards their loyal customer of 10 years...

I suggest you ask to be disconnected at no cost so you can join a provider that can provide a better signal. Where I am in south london (Upper Norwood) I have moved to 3 and the service is working fine (even though they aparently use the same mast which O2 told me had problems! Work that one out!

Message 8 of 21

aldaweb
  • 1722 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

@Anonymous  it was your choice to move to the area with poor signal so i don't see how you can blame O2 for that or expect them to release you from a contract that provides you with coverage elsewhere.

iPhone 14 Pro (O2 ), S23U (EE), iPad Pro LTE (EE), .

Reviews: iPhone-X-first-impressions ¦ Blackberry Classic ¦ Blackberry Z30 ¦ Nokia Lumia 1020 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Part 1 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Pt. 2
Message 9 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable

that's an interesting opinion - I did happen to check the website before moving and it claims to have very good reception when I put the postcode in - incidentally I think it still does which is a lie!

_

@aldaweb 

Message 10 of 21