Did you mean: 

Constant Wangiri Calls From Abroad

Alex96
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi,

For the past 2 days I’ve been receiving wangiri calls from multiple numbers in different locations (Austria, Georgia, Africa etc). Blocking them is pretty much useless as the same number will ring back but with the last 2 digits changed. I’ve tried reporting to the fraud team but can’t seem to get through. I know these are all scam calls as they have been heavily reported on who-called-me.co.uk. Not to sure on what to do so any advice would be appreciated, I would also like to know if anyone else had a similar experience like this in the past few days.

Thanks
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

Many customers experiencing this. All you can do is block the calls. Some phones have call setting to block unknown numbers or numbers not in contact list. Look in the call settings

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-and-Services/Coronavirus-Covid-19-Community-Help-and-Su...

Message 2 of 8

PeterJ
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Have the same issue like you difference is I picked up the first call because I expected a call. Now I've got charged with 7,50£ for it.. I need to block international in and outgoing calls but no help form 02 😞
Message 3 of 8

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions
Message 4 of 8

Alex96
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thanks for the reply I’ve turned on ‘Silence Unknown Callers’ for now.
Message 5 of 8

bms
  • 13 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, I’ve had about 30 over the last two days. To start off with they were from Burkina Faso, now getting from Congo, Switzerland, Austria and Russia. I am texting CALL to 7726 to report ever one of them with number, where from, time and date! Irritating! 😒

Message 6 of 8

bms
  • 13 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, I’ve had about 30 over the last two days. To start off with they were from Burkina Faso, now getting from Congo, Switzerland, Austria and Russia. I am texting CALL to 7726 to report every one of them with number, where from, time and date! Irritating! 😒

Message 7 of 8

bms
  • 13 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, I’ve had about 30 over the last two days. To start off with they were from Burkina Faso, now getting from Congo, Switzerland, Austria and Russia. I am texting CALL to 7726 to report ever one of them with number, where from, time and date! Irritating! 😒

Message 8 of 8