cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connecting to wifi

Anonymous
Not applicable

I believe I have setup my new blackberry curve 9320 to use my home wifi yet when I look at my data usage I appear to be using data.  I am looking at Facebook & am at home so why is this happening when I thought I was connecting through wifi so there should be no data usage????

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

How to turn data off:

1. On the home screen, click the connections area at the top of the screen, or click the Manage Connections icon.
  2. Click Networks and Connections > Mobile Network.
  3. Do one of the following:
    • To turn on or turn off data service, change the Data Services field.
    • To turn on or turn off data service when roaming, change the While Roaming field.
    • To receive a prompt when roaming that allows you to turn on or turn off data service, change the While Roaming field to Prompt.
  4. Press the Menu key > Close.
To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143426 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
If wifi is connected there will not be any mobile data usage. Turn off your cell data and see if you can still navigate facebook OK.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 3

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

How to turn data off:

1. On the home screen, click the connections area at the top of the screen, or click the Manage Connections icon.
  2. Click Networks and Connections > Mobile Network.
  3. Do one of the following:
    • To turn on or turn off data service, change the Data Services field.
    • To turn on or turn off data service when roaming, change the While Roaming field.
    • To receive a prompt when roaming that allows you to turn on or turn off data service, change the While Roaming field to Prompt.
  4. Press the Menu key > Close.
To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 3 of 3