Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connecting smartphone to a printer

SarahMcCormack
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I was connecting my phone to a Canon printer I had recently bought. I incorrectly did the step for connecting to a computer it said go to <Link Removed> which I did and when I entered the model of the printer it said fatal error C0000022 and to contact +442081231772. The guy I spoke to seemed very casual Nd said I had a virus/malware problem and for £99.99 they could clear it up for me but all my connected devices would start shutting down within the hour. He said it was the printer it was my Internet. I felt uncertain about it and said I would contact my Internet provider (which I can't get in contact with!) now I'm really worried! Does it sound like a scam or legitimate? Can anyone help?

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@SarahMcCormack 

Sounds very dodgy.

Just reset your printer to factory settings and start again.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@SarahMcCormack 

Sounds very dodgy.

Just reset your printer to factory settings and start again.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 3

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22935 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@SarahMcCormack The link in your post doesn't even have Canon spelled correctly. Please delete the link so no one inadvertently clicks on it. In the upper right of your post go to Options, then the dropdown Edit Reply.

There are Canon print apps available. You should use one of those.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 3