cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confusing Contract Vicious Circle.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there to you all. I'm reaching a limit of patience even for myself with what mess a I've been dealt from o2 due to the simplest of mistakes with transferring from payg ee to a pay monthly contract with o2.

After an intense security check that trumps crossing borders and verges on military checkpoints, I triple-check the agreement I have with my in-store assistant that I want the 15gb/£20 off that is going on sale atm until 7/2. She prints the contract off that I have given an X for, and she realises that it is the 10gb/£17; fiasco ensues.

I have a package code assigned to the account; she cannot change it on the spot. Manager is brought into the fray and tells me initially that I would have to come into the store another day to sort it. After a brief conversation, he then explains that he can do it later in the day and will text when it's complete.
He does, promising that it has changed to the deal I wanted in the first place. All is well in the world.

Fast forward to two weeks later and my first bill, surprise; £35.
I call up customer service and after a lot of jargon from their Indian offices, they explain they have received an email stating they cannot change this, I will have to go back to the store.
(I also afterwards, try the online support, but then they tell me I have to phone up, so pretty useless all around.)

Instead of going into a store considering they have been able to sort out the issue apparently before whilst I've been away, I call the man responsible, and in the same hour, he apparently sorts this out again, explaining that I will receive a confirmation email and my next bill will be £5 to settle things; okay, I think. Fair enough.

Third time lucky? Don't think so.

No e-mail, and my o2 app still states £35 tariff with no bolt-on discount.

I've had enough, and time's ticking with this sale ending soon.
I feel like I should call back and see what's going on, but have lost all trust with the competency of the staff I have made the contract with. I don't think they know what they're doing.
Anybody had this issue before and know what happened; how to solve it? Any insight would be great. Thanks.

Ruth Snape.

(Edit: I'm currently stuck with a 15gb/£35 when it should be £20 with the sale applied. Thanks.)

Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21

Cleoriff
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

wrote:
 I have a feeling by that time it would be too late as the sale ends about then, so knowing that, they wouldn't be able to apply the option anymore.

They would if it was their mistake . ...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 11 of 22

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
You can get your pac and move to a more competent network https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-guides/How-to-get-your-PAC-2017-Update/ba-p/1052278
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 12 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable
As a personal timeline, I have escalated the matter internally by using the 'complaintsreview' service and will post my content here;

Dear Who is Concerned,

Simply put, I have been lumbered with an incorrect contract which is costing me nearly double of what I have asked for, after three attempts of your staff amending the intial mistake over a period of three weeks. I have lost my patience with the reasons your customer service are giving and wish to escalate this situation to you in order to sort out immediately.

After an intense security check that trumps crossing borders and verges on military checkpoints, I triple-check the agreement I have with my in-store assistant (Aimee/Telford) that I want the 15gb/£20 off that is going on sale atm until 7/2. She prints the contract off that I have given an X signature for, and she realises that it is the 10gb/£17; fiasco ensues.

I have a PAC code assigned to the account; she cannot change it on the spot. Manager (Liam/Telford) is brought into the fray and tells me initially that I would have to come into the store another day to sort it. After a brief conversation, he then explains that he can do it later in the day and will text when it's complete.
He does, promising that it has changed to the deal I wanted in the first place (Below is the included message).

'Hi Miss Snape, I have just come off the phone from customer services you have 15gb of data for £20 as of now. Once again I apologise for the mistake we made instore, it wasn't the best start to your time with o2 but I am confident you will be happy with us through out the future. As always pop instore for any help or queries and we are always happy to help. Many thanks Liam.'

Fast forward to two weeks later and my first bill, surprise; £35.
I call up customer service and after a lot of jargon (from Pashish, I think. The line was awful), they explain they have received an email stating they cannot change this, I will have to go back to the store.
(I also afterwards, try the online support, but then they tell me I have to phone up, so pretty useless all around. You have a 1.1/5 review score on customer service, I am not surprised.)

Instead of going into a store considering they have tried to sort out the issue before whilst I've been away, I call Liam and in the same hour, he apparently sorts this out again, explaining that I will receive a confirmation email and my next bill will be £5 to settle things; okay, I think. Fair enough.

Third time lucky? Don't think so.

No e-mail, and my o2 app still states £35 tariff with no clear bolt-on discount.

I've had enough, and time's ticking with this sale ending soon.
I feel like I should call back and see what's going on, but have lost all trust with the competency of the staff I have made the contract with. I don't think they know what they're doing.
As this is a sale contract, I feel this is a urgent matter, as that option for me will be running out quite soon; I trust someone has the sense to make the change and confirm this with me in writing and assurance that I will be refunded the amount I have been charged incorrectly, back to my account.

I will be taking this further if it is not amended to how I verbally agreed with Aimee or Liam in the Telford store:
In short, change my current 15gb/£35 (12m) to my wanted 15gb/£20 (12m) contract. Thank-you.

Yours Sincerely,

Ruth Snape.

-

Hopefully it will get sorted, as I just want a contract which seemed so simple to get in the first place.

Sorry if there was any editing confusion earlier, but I don't understand what you were attempting to do. Just tidying up.
Message 13 of 22

Cleoriff
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

No real problem about the editing @Anonymous I was replying to your additional edit and just type a bit slower than some....LOL

Best of luck and I really hope you get it sorted.:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 14 of 22

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
They’ve had enough chances now for me.
I’d be looking elsewhere.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 15 of 22

jonsie
  • 93188 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Please keep us updated and the best of luck with your complaint . I would also complain using Resolver on the complaints link. It will possibly be much quicker. 

Message 16 of 22

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous, how are you getting on with the contract, have you had any progress since you last posted or are you still stuck? Sorry to read about the trouble you've been having with it. 😞 I'm going to drop you a quick PM (private message here on the forum) to get a few additional details to see if we can speed things up for you in any way.

Thanks for the tag @MI5thumbsup

Message 17 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable
Still stuck, afraid.
Message 18 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable
Right guys, finally have had recieved satisfactory solution as of 11am this morning through the complaints service.

Minor bad news first; they weren't able to uphold the discount offered as the system just wasn't having it.
Literally, computer says no.

Good news, they were able to uphold a 50% discount as a good faith offer through the entire 12m contract which begins again today.

So, very good conclusion on my part. It's just unfortunate it's taken this long to deal with.

I'll say that this chaos is concluded, but until I see that £0 (Paid £35 already, so, with a bit of logic, next month is already sorted) on my next month's bill, I'll hold my breath.
Thanks all involved. Have a nice day.
Message 19 of 22

Cleoriff
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Thanks for updating us again @Anonymous. Keep watching out for that final refund...:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 20 of 22